Monday, October 22, 2012

Getting my shit together

Perhaps the biggest worry I have about having two children is the fear of how I'm going to be able to balance being a mom with the rest of my life. How I'm going to pay the bills, keep house, do my job, and study for boards (I have to recertify in two years).  I've been doing such a poor job at it lately, it's a very real concern.

A few weeks ago I talked with my wonderful friend Heidi who listened all the things I felt I needed to get done, and helped me prioritize the most pressing issues (like filing my taxes).  We came up with a two week plan, and I accomplished everything on the list.  And wouldn't you know, inertia works both ways! Now that I've finally finished those tasks that were so important, and so overwhelming, everything else doesn't seem as hard.  I've planted pansies in my garden.  I've finished unpacking the boxes in the guest bedroom.  I've gone through my piles of papers and organized them in a file box (that even has a place for this year's taxes) and found a system that works for me to keep me from getting this far behind again.

I'm not where I need to be, but it's definitely better.  I can actually believe that I might find a way to make it all work.  I'm not a naturally organized person, but I can learn to be.  As a single mom, I don't think I have a choice!

********

I'm 8dpIUI - starting at about 5dpIUI I had a lot of lower abdominal achiness that lasted several days.  I had it last cycle at about the same time, too, but last time was more crampy than achy, and it only lasted a day, so maybe it was different?  I'm not sure if it's still there or not - I had some lower GI issues Sunday morning, and have had gas pains and bloating ever since, which is making it hard to tell if there's also something going on in my uterus, too!

This morning when playing on the floor with Finn I felt some of the achiness and had the thought, "I think I'm really pregnant!"  Of course, not 3 hours later I found myself thinking, "There's no way I'm pregnant."  Crazy.

No idea if I'm going to test on Wednesday (10dpIUI) or wait a few more days.  I'd like to hold out until Friday, but I'm just not sure I can wait that long.

14 comments:

  1. Finn is getting SO big! Glad you got some things checked off your to-do list! Fingers crossed for your BFP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The TWW is terrible. Hopefully it's your last one.

    Does Heidi do house calls? Teleconferences? Email?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a naturally organized person - or at least I WAS before having two children! Now, not so much. This past year has been the only time in my life that I've been late paying bills -not because I didn't have the money but just because the bill sat buried in a pile for too long. It is certainly a challenge. I try to embrace the chaos, but really, honestly, I just want an organized and clean house!

    Bloating is a GREAT sign in my book. I was totally bloated when pregnant, especially with Fiona. I really really hope you're going to have a July baby. Now put it out of your mind until friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That has got to be the cutest toddler photo I have EVER seen! I cannot get over it!

    I hope your achiness is being caused by a burrowing embryo right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finn's smile just brightened up my day! Now I'm using you for a symptom checker. Yesterday was my transfer, which would make me 6 days post ovulation today - not that I ovulate, but going by the typical. So, my lower abdomen discomfort this morning, and yours on 5dpiui could be the same sign....sigh, I don't know how you do this for 2 weeks. Been thinking about you a lot. Sending you LOTS of sticky baby dust.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're making progress getting organized. I am a naturally organised person & that helps in many ways to keep things together but it can also add a challenge because I get a little antsy when Elena isn't following "The Schedule" that being whatever I've come up with in my head & I have to rein myself & remind myself that she's a kid & have to let go of "The Schedule" sometimes

    Keeping fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The 2ww never gets any easier does it - I would be testing from day 10 or 11 if it were me. Fingers and toes crossed for you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your getting things accomplished. I know it just feels good doing it! I'll be waiting for your results whenever you decide to start POAS ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kudos for finishing you list! I think I need one of those. I've never been this unorganized.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fingers crossed that you see 2 bright lines when you decide to POAS! I will be cheering you on!! I am so glad that your friend helped you with organizing. Sometimes the first step of prioritizing is the hardest step to take but it usually works its magic! Adorable picture of your little guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a Chasing Rainbows celebrity!!!! Yay meeeeeeeeeeee! (Oh, and fingers crossed for you. Natch.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are so many days i wonder how i'll cope as a single mom because i'm the dreamy, procrastinating sort. But then, sheer determination can take you far.

    Glad you got all your stuff done, and I really hope great news comes at the end of this 2ww!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Keep going. You're doing great. The pressure of the 2ww doesn't get easier, but I'm currently 11 weeks along with my second pregnancy. The first child was my 7th IUI, and this is my 9th, so often the second time around is easier. And I had my BFP on 9 dpIUI, so here's hoping you have good news soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How can one little boy be so darn cute?? Yay for friends! And, of course I'm hoping for a BMFP! ;)

    SL

    ReplyDelete