Thursday, October 11, 2012

10/11/12

Finn was conceived on 8/9/10...how great would it have been if I could have had my IUI today and then actually gotten pregnant today?  Alas, I'm only CD9, so no IUI for me.  I do have a monitoring appointment tomorrow morning, and will hopefully find out if my IUI is going to be on Sunday or Monday, as anticipated.  I'm definitely feeling the stretch in my ovaries, but still feeling anxious about tomorrow's possible results.  And finding it hard to believe how quickly the time between two week waits goes, while the two week wait itself seems to last for months.  How is that possible?

One of the best things about blogging is being able to complain about something and get commiserating comments in response.  I was at my wit's end the other night, and while I did feel better after just writing it all down, I felt even better with every comment that was made.  So thanks.

We've been gearing up for Halloween around here.  I've decorated the front porch, and have a ghost to add to it, as Finn is currently in love with ghosts.  He can't tell you what a monkey or a horse says, but does know what a ghost says. (That's not my yard or my ghosts - it's one of my neighbors.  And I'm going to have to steal their ghosts.)


Yesterday he and Nanny M carved a pumpkin, and tomorrow they're going to a pumpkin patch (a trip he'll be repeating with me in the next week or so!)  He also loves pumpkins these days (but to be fair, he'll kiss anything you ask him to...including my Gonal-F pen.  Yes, I asked my baby to kiss my fertility medication.  Is that weird?)


As of today, he only has one Halloween costume.  He does have 4 (or is it 5) Halloween themed t-shirts though.  I can't help myself.

10 comments:

  1. It is not weird at all that you had him kiss your meds. I think it's good luck!

    I forgot how fast IUI cycles go. Wow!

    Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby Finn kisses?! Can only bring good big brother luck!
    I said wow! to myself reading that your next IUI will be this weekend already! And yes just reading about 2ww seem an eternity and I'm not even the one enduring it personally! Love him kissing on the pumpkin too--too cute for words he is :)
    (sometimes I feel like El.aine from Sei.nfeld and her use of exclamation points!!! I have to get a handle on them ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you had Finn kiss the pen. Extra sticky baby dust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute video of Finn, love his voice! I always look forward to hearing about Finn, it helps me to picture what life will be like for us a year from now!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finn is such a cutie! Good luck with the scan today -- that second IUI is coming up quickly! I'm CD7 today, but I'm not expecting IUI #4 for another week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love hearing about Finn and his adventures. He is such a doll! Good luck with the monitoring appointment this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is amazing how fast cycles go... And how fast I forgot about all of that!!

    Love the photos of Finn... He looks like a little boy now... the baby is disappearing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a good luck charm! I love that he kisses your fertility meds!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be expecting to see pictures of each of the costumes and t-shirts.

    Not weird at all kissing your fertility meds. If you get pregnant and I get to cycle again, I may send you my meds to have him kiss them too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, Finn is so cute! Happy Halloween (a bit early!)

    ReplyDelete