Friday, September 16, 2011

Message from Finn

September is National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.  I think I'd be a lot happier if I had no reason to know this, but since I do, here's a link to Alex's Lemonade Stand and a list of things you can do to help in the fight against this disease.

And in honor of the month, Finn has a message he'd like to share with everyone, in the way only an 18 pound 4-month-old who is kicking cancer's ass can:

23 comments:

  1. Love it! That's the right attitude little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Awesome! I have the same shirt and hence, wholeheartedly agree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROTFL! Love the shirt - and the picture. What a beautiful big brave boy! I'm so happy to hear that surgery is not needed now. Wishing you and Finn all the best and that the worst is now behind you.

    - Tashia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, that is the coolest! Go, Finn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to share this insanely awesome picture with a friend of mine who has just about kicked breast cancer's ass. She's gonna love it! I know you'd rather not be in this position in a million years, but thanks for sharing that picture, and thanks in advance for making my friend smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome! I'm a child life specialist, so I work at a hospital with sick/hurt kiddos, and I volunteer at a retreat for families that have a child with a life-threatening illness (usually cancer). As a matter of fact, on Sunday I'm walking in the Boston Marathon Jimmy Fund Walk for Cancer to raise money for research. So while I don't have a child with cancer (or a child at all, yet), I'm very much aware of September being Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. I'm SO glad Finn doesn't need surgery and that the docs have given him a good prognosis! And I absolutely LOVE the shirt, and know MANY others who would, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loooove it!!

    And seriously, Finn is incredibly handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!! I love Finn's (& your) attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just catching up... I am SO glad that Finn does not need a second surgery!! And I love to t-shirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the shirt - and Finn wearing it could be a poster child! Soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love it... even though it breaks my heart that a four month old has to wear it.

    and EIGHTEEN POUNDS!!! my word!!! what are you feeding him???

    ReplyDelete
  12. Finn, you're so naughty! Shan, Brock is 17 lbs 10 oz!!! We have some big boys!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's the spirit! And, yay for non-invasive monitoring! Wishing Finn all the very best xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! And love that chin. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Go Finn! Smooches from the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ROFL! Just wait until he can say that! I'm looking forward to that blog entry. ;-)

    Glad to hear that things are going well and that you're happy with the monitoring plan. Here's to a less stressful plan from this point forward!

    ReplyDelete