Friday, July 16, 2010

Photo Friday

Every Friday, Calliope at Creating Motherhood has a new theme for Photo Friday - this week the theme is pets.  Since almost every post I ever type is with at least one cat obstructing my computer access, I couldn't resist participating today, even though these aren't really my best efforts as a photographer.  Calliope says she's had a bad week, and needs some cheering up, so if you have some cute pet pictures, you should definitely share them, too!

I love dogs, but right now I'm a cat mom.  My oldest cat, Dakota, passed away November 2008, and I still miss her every single day.  Vagus (I was taking gross anatomy when I got him) is the now oldest at 15, and the newest addition to our family, Zaphira, is 2.  Even though Vagus was only 2 years younger than Dakota, he used to pester her to no end - it's so funny to see the roles reversed with Vagus and Z!

This is my favorite picture of Dakota and Vagus - they slept cuddled together like this a lot.



And then there was the time that Vagus got his head stuck in a bag - I wonder what that says about me as a mom (of any species) that my first response was to grab my camera, instead of rescuing the cat.



And this from the day I brought Z home - Vagus is now fairly fond of her, but at first he really didn't like her.  You can't tell in this picture, but he was growling at her - loudly.  Z has always been timid around people, but around Vagus, she's fearless.


6 comments:

  1. aw cuddly kitties. I love animals, they're the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have grabbed the camera with the bag on the head too! That is just too priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I have twin kitty dopplegangers to your black/white and black kitty. Hiro is the B/W and Magik is the Black one. Such cute pictures =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so sweet cuddled up like that.

    And, don't feel bad about going for the camera. I do that to my two-legged kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute how Dakota and Vagus are snuggled up together in that first picture!

    ReplyDelete