I've had a big, annoying cyst on my right ovary for over a year. It just sits there and looks annoying, never producing anything, so doesn't interfere with my cycles. It bothers me, knowing it's there, and I was hoping it was gone, but it's still there, annoying as ever. At least there aren't any new cysts around. The ultrasound also showed that I've got 7 happy little antral follicles hanging out, waiting to be my baby. I usually have about that number, and while I'd like more, I'm happy with 7. Freak out #2 and #3 dodged as well.
Libby (the nurse) went over my instructions with me (Femara 5mg starting tomorrow, and Gonal-F 150IU starting Sunday) and sent me off to the lab and pharmacy. She called me a few hours later with my lab results. My estradiol was 27, so the cyst still isn't doing anything, and I'm good to start my meds. My FSH didn't make me happy though; at 11.4 it's the highest it's been since I started all this.
Freak out #4 trying to happen, thanks to my FSH level. I know it's just a number, and I really need to stop thinking about it. And I'm trying to! My sleep deprivation from a rough week at work isn't helping much. I got pregnant just
Right now I'm at the airport, waiting for a flight to Las Vegas, and looking forward to sleeping the whole way there. I'm going for a conference, but I'm taking tomorrow to have fun. I think I'm going to have a spa treatment (maybe something different, like chakra balancing or reflexology, since work made me miss acupuncture this week), a good meal and then I'm going to go see Cirque du Soleil's Love. My conference is all day Saturday and part of Sunday (11 hours all about the thyroid!) and then I'm heading home. Hopefully I'll be able to relax and come back rested and calm.
I just realized that I'll have to give myself my first Gonal-F shot on the plane if I stick to the administration time my RE gave me. I wonder if I'm brave enough to do that in my seat. The thought of shooting up in the plane's lavatory gives me the heebie-jeebies!













I wonder will they let you carry-on your gonal-f injection?
ReplyDeleteWay to avoid those freak-out moments at your appointment! I'm wishing you all the best for a successful cycle.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your conference and make sure that you get to the spa you will need it with the flight and the long day sitting and discussing the thyroid- that is a long time to discuss one gland!! I can't say I envy you!
ReplyDeleteI too wonder if you can carry injections on a plane- maybe if you have a doctor's order???
I wonder if the staff looks over the appointment book or something to remind them of people's names. I've had that happen too at a time when I hadn't been there for months. Way to go dodging those freak outs! You're very self aware. You must be a very calming influence on your patients. Exciting to be slamming those shots into yourself. Promising cycle, I think.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad your visit was freak-out free. Very best of luck with this cycle!
ReplyDelete