Friday, October 5, 2012

Game On!

Where is this sudden rush of excitement and optimism coming from?  I have no idea, but I probably shouldn't question it too much!

I had my CD3 scan and labs this morning, and was once again greeted by my old friend Sam the Cyst on my right ovary.  Sam has gotten a little smaller since last time - about 18mm, but he's been joined by a new friend who's about 11mm.  Which of course had me worried that this cycle might be canceled.  I also had some fluid in my uterus, but otherwise the lining was normal in thickness, and since this has been another heavy period, the fluid isn't too surprising.

I stopped by the pharmacy to pick up my meds and then waited for the call from the RE.  And waited.  And waited.  And waited.  They called by 3, but those waits always seem to last for days.  This time there was nothing but good news.  My FSH was 8 (EIGHT!) and my estradiol was 24.  If you remember, my FSH was 16 on CD5 with the second cycle I had after weaning.  It then dropped to 12, and now 8.  I know FSH levels can vary from cycle to cycle, and that the high number is still something to consider, but I'm so excited about an 8.  And since my estradiol wasn't high, the new cyst is nothing to worry about.  My antral follicle count was 9 or 10, I've already forgotten which.

It's nice to know my body is sharing in my optimism this cycle - let's hope it continues to do so!

One damper on my parade - I just realized that I left my Gonal-F in my fridge at work.  Thirty minutes away from me.  And I start it on Sunday.  At least tomorrow will be a beautiful day for a drive!

And one other piece of good news - the results from my partner's biopsy came back as benign.  They're going to keep an eye on things, but right now everything looks good.  Such a huge relief!

13 comments:

  1. Great news. Very impressed by your FSH Wish mine was that good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is one fantastic FSH. Good luck, it seems things are aligning perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news on your partner!
    And very exciting news on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you got better numbers this time. I'm excited for you and I hope this cycle continues to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like things are going to go much better this time around. FSH of 8! That's awesome!

    So glad to hear that your partners biopsy came back as benign.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good news, yay :) Excellent Fsh number: kudos!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news about your cycle and your partner!! 8!!! Way to go!! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like things are going well for you and your partner. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great news for you, all around! This cycle turned out to be a BFN for me (SIGH.), so now I've moved on to worrying about cysts. I went on BCP for a couple of weeks last time, due to a cyst, but I'm thinking of asking for a blood test if the same thing happens this cycle. Sounds like if the cyst isn't producing estrogen, it won't interfere with Clomid (or whatever drug), right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome news!! I'm glad to hear abt your partner....of course, not just for you b/c I'm so, SO glad for him and his family, but I'm glad that your having so much positivity in your life for this cycle! I had a dream last week that you were pregnant....not that my dreams mean anything lol, but I'm completely on board with positivity and optimism for this cycle!! :-)

    SL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Things are looking up!! Hope you had a nice drive today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad your partner got good news. I think you'll have some good news soon too!!

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmm, a lot of that read like jibberish to me, but the last part sounded good. Xoxo.

    JL

    ReplyDelete