Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Confirming my Suspicions

I had some pink spotting last night before putting in my Crinone, and was tempted to just not put it in, but then decided I'd better be on the safe side.  And then I got another BFN this morning, at 12pIUI and I really wish I'd skipped it.  My whole stomach is achy, and I'm afraid the Crinone is going to keep AF away a couple more days, which is going to be pretty uncomfortable if I continue to feel like this.  (For the record, I had lots of mild "day before your period" cramping before my BFP with Finn, but this is different, this is more like bad period cramping.)  I really want to take some Aleve, but I can't bring myself to do it, just in case I get a late BFP.  I didn't get a BFP until 14dpIUI with my first pregnancy...which isn't very reassuring, since I had a miscarriage with that one.

I wasn't feeling very optimistic with this cycle, but then I had cramping around the time that implantation might be happening, and I've been so nauseated the past week - it was enough to really make me hope that I had been wrong to start with.

This has been the worst two week wait ever, I was so hopeful there'd be something good to come of it.  It started with the stress of Nanny M being sick on the day of and after my IUI.  Then our newest doctor's father (who had been ill for a long time with metastatic cancer) took a turn for the worse last Tuesday, and died on Thursday morning.  She's been a mess, and my heart breaks for her.  My other partner, the doctor who has been there almost as long as I have, had a suspicious lymph node in his chest biopsied last week - he gets regular monitoring for his history of lymphoma a few years ago.  We get the results of that today.  It has to be good news, I just can't imagine anything differently.

I think I need an Aleve, a diet Coke, and a strong sedative of some kind.  Or at the very least a baby who decided to sleep past 5 this morning.

Thank goodness my fridge is fully stocked with cold diet Coke.

18 comments:

  1. Oh no! I'm not uncrossing my fingers for you until you know for sure, of course. re: Diet Coke -- With my past two BFNs, getting to drink caffeinated stuff (which I know isn't entirely forbidden during pregnancy, but better safe than sorry, I guess) has been my tiniest consolation prize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear all of this! What a terrible week all round. I will hold out hope for a late BFP, and that your colleague has a good histology report. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch. Life can be so difficult and unfair.I really hope your next try works, and that your colleague's report comes back with no issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a horrible two weeks. :( I'm so sorry that it doesn't seem as if it will end with happy news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sucks, really sucks. The BFN, the stuff with your partners, all of it. I'm sorry. I say go for the Diet Coke, it won't hurt & sounds like you could use the comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is too much bad news for anyone to handle, and I'm sorry you've had to deal with it during a TWW. I so wish the results were different for you. I hope things turn around for everyone in your life here real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry. Sounds like life is not going good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry it didn't work! You definitely need to do something to take care of yourself. Diet Coke sounds like a relatively harmless method. :)
    Hope things are okay for your coworker too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boo! Sorry for the possible BFN this time. I know how disappointing that is. And all the other stuff, too. I swear Mercury must be in retrograde or something; there's been bad times for everyone lately.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dammit! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry for the hellish tww you are having. I am still crossing my fingers for a late bloomer (and one that sticks!). Hope your partner's biopsy comes out clean.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this all seems like too much to deal with. I will say that maybe your pink splotches is just implantation bleeding??? Let's give it another two days, shall we?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hoping the next week is better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know what to say except TWWs suck. It's cruely and unusual punishment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sorry you got a BFN. I hope things get better soon for you and those you work with.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Abiding with you and sending (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete