Monday, May 6, 2013

Kinda Sorta CD 1

Today is officially CD 1 - or as RBA calls it, DOC 1.  I started my period a week ago, and I've been in a sort of a holding pattern, with low dose Lupron and estrogen patches.  I actually stay on the same regimen for a few more days before the estrogen doses start to ramp up.

I didn't think I felt that bad with Lupron until I was able to decrease the dose last week. That first day I felt SO much better.  Nothing specific, just better energy and less moodiness.  Now at just 5 units a day, I'm feeling ok.  If all goes as plans, 3 weeks from tomorrow my donor's eggs will be thawed and fertilized!

******

My offline evening with Finn was fairly easy tonight.  We finally had sunshine again after days of rain and clouds, so we went outside after dinner and played with sidewalk chalk and did a little gardening.  Just as we were going inside, a huge fire truck came down my street and stopped right in front of our house!  Three firemen came out with tools, and within seconds had water spewing out of the fire hydrant.  Finn was enthralled.  One of the firemen came over and said hi, and gave Finn a high five, and at one point the light was perfect and we saw a beautiful rainbow in the middle of the water spray.  Then the test was over, the water was turned off, and the fire truck took off to check the next neighborhood fire hydrant.  Of course, since I was trying hard not to get online, I had left my phone inside and didn't get any pictures!

Then we saw we had a few packages on the porch.  One was addressed to Finn, and he was so excited.  I was tempted to make him wait until his birthday, but he was just too excited, so I let him open it.  We opened the large padded envelope to find a present wrapped in shiny red paper.  "Ooooo!  Oh wow!" Finn was beside himself with anticipation.  This is the first time he's understood what getting a present really means, and if he continues to be this excited with every gift, this weekend is going to be so fun!

We opened up the present to find a super cool straw that spells out Finn from his Auntie Evelyn.  From the second he opened it, he refused to put it down, even to try to figure out what it's actually for.  He carried it around, sucked on it, used it to comb my hair and waved it around like a flag.  He loved the card just as much, and we had to read it 4 times as part of his bedtime routine tonight.  Oh, how I love this age!

Showing off his card and straw

9 comments:

  1. I love this age too! They are just so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Oh, to be young and have the little things be so powerful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for early birthday fun!!!! What a fun evening for you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Early Birthday, Finn!

    So fun for him to be so excited about the present. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea, how exciting to be within reach of your transfer date! I have a good feeling about it being very successful.

    And how cute Finn loves his card and straw. Ohhh the most simple things are the best things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you think I could find a straw like that with my name on it? Because I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In just three short weeks, the baby making will begin!
    Watching your sweet Finn grow is such a delight. That face of his makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so much fun!!! can't believe he's almost 2!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think opening pressies early is a great thing - share the joy! Too many in one go will be overwhelming and he will appreciate each of them so much more this way.

    ReplyDelete