I thought I had gotten most of my crying out, but I cried again most of my drive to work. I got myself together when I pulled in the parking lot, and decided to take a few more minutes to regain my composure by gathering up some of the trash that's accumulated in my car the past week. So I had my hands full with my bag, paper towels and a couple of diet Coke cans as I walked up to my building, and my phone started to ring. I knew it was RBA, so I dropped everything onto the ground so I could get to my phone - buried in my purse.
When I answered the phone, a pleasant woman with the tone of someone who was about to deliver bad news said, "Hi Shannon, how are you this morning?" My heart sunk at the sound of her voice, but luckily she didn't make me wait long. "I have your fertilization report. There were six eggs. Five survived the thaw, and all five fertilized!"
This was fabulous news! I'm guaranteed two high quality embryos, but of course I'd prefer to not have to go through this several times. Five fertilized eggs increases the chance that there will be at least one or two in there that grow normally and can develop into a healthy baby.
Holy cow. There is a really good chance that my daughter or son is in a petri dish in Atlanta right now.
We leave tomorrow morning, and I have an appointment with my RE tomorrow afternoon. I'll get an update on the embryos tomorrow, and I should find out on Friday morning if my transfer is Friday or Sunday (better quality embryos get a 5 day transfer, while the iffier ones get a 3 day).
I'm a little nervous about the drive with Finn tomorrow - we've got a loaded iPad, lots of musical instrument toys, some books and the novelty of being forward facing in his car seat. Wish us luck!
| Last Lupron shot today! |












Wow, that sounds great. How exciting to think your little one has already started their existence on earth. Have a safe trip. I'll be sending you lots of good thoughts for your transfer.
ReplyDeleteHow cool! So excited for you!
ReplyDeleteGOOD LUCK!!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat news! With 5 fertilized looks a lot like a 5-day transfer. Have a good drive to ATL.
ReplyDeleteOh such great news!!! So happy it was a good report.
ReplyDeleteWhen Elena & I have a long drive, I keep a bunch of stuff on the front seat I can hand back to her to keep her amused, little sticker books, etc...plus we'll play with the windows (if the weather is nice). A little trick I've learned too: flip the visor down & open the mirror. I can adjust it just right so I can see her rather than glancing over my shoulder. Have a great safe trip!!
Our mom used to look at us like that and it drove us crazy (as older kids.) Mooooommm, close it! Stop it! :)
DeleteThis is so exciting. Wishing these embryos success as they grow. Hope your transfer goes well. Sticky baby dust.
ReplyDeleteFIVE!!! That's great news!!! Hope you get a wonderfully sticky embryo for the transfer!!
ReplyDeleteYeah!!! I should have asked sooner but I would love to hear more @ the program that you are using. I am 2 hours from Atlanta & we are investigating our options!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat report!! Hoping your transfer goes well!
ReplyDeleteYay!!!!! Glad you got some GREAT news after your sad week! I'll be praying all goes smoothly with your trip & transfer!
ReplyDeleteExcellent fert report! Are you planning to do an eSET? And don't worry if you have a 3 day transfer... that's what Ella was! And then wouldn't you know, I ended up with 2 quality blasts frozen too! Excited for you! Hope the drive goes well!
ReplyDeleteThat's great news - FX for Sunday!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I'll be thinking of you. Such great news that five fertilized!
ReplyDeletep.s. Very sorry to hear of Vagus. I had a cat that lived to 17 and know how hard it can be. It does sound like be went peacefully and feeling your love.
Hey, that's awesome! Wishing you the best!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome news!!! Good Luck!!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!!!!
ReplyDeleteEeeeee! So exciting! Will you implant more than one if possible?
ReplyDeleteI so sorry to hear about Vagus. It's amazing how much pets can become a part of our lives.
ReplyDeleteI'm really exicted about the embryos. Five fertilized is great news. I'm hoping for a day 5 transfer.
Fingers crossed.