![]() |
| Picnic Weather is here! |
I was a little worried about what we'd see with my uterine lining. I've been taking Lupron for weeks, and have been on a gradually increasing dose of estrogen patches for about 14 days or so. It's hard to really believe that some patches on my stomach are going to be enough to grow a good uterine lining, but it turns out it is. My lining looks better than my lining has ever looked on any of my own IUI cycles at 11mm. The report was faxed off to RBA and I got the confirmation a few hours later that the eggs will be thawed and then fertilized on Tuesday!
Wow. There's a really good chance that my second child is going to be conceived in a petri dish in Atlanta in just a few days. I asked the RBA nurse if she could pass on the message to the embryologist to try to pick out girl sperm. She didn't reply...but at least I got it out there. Of course, I know it doesn't work that way, and of course I would be thrilled with another boy - but it would be nice to have a little girl. And it never hurts to ask, right?
After several months of feeling cautious in my optimism, I'm feeling really excited now. In a little more than a week, I might finally be pregnant again! Using donor eggs improves my chances a lot, but I know nothing is 100%, so I'm trying to remain a little cautious. And trying to be realistic in knowing that my first transfer might not work, and I may have to rely on a frozen embryo (hoping I get at least one extra to freeze!) transfer next month. But I think I'm going to try to let go of the feelings of caution and just enjoy being excited for the next few weeks.
*******
In the meantime, back at home, Finn discovered corn on the cob this week.
And rediscovered noodles.
Clearly, both were huge hits.















Eeeeee exciting!! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteGood luck!! Sticky baby dust sent your way.
ReplyDeleteSo freaking cool! Good luck! And yes, enjoy being excited and hopeful. There's no reason not to be.
ReplyDeleteVery excited for you!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! Sending "girlie" vibes.
ReplyDeleteWow - how very exciting. Do get a photo before transfer if you can. I have a friend who photographed her twins at about the 8 cell stage. Awesome picture to have!
ReplyDeleteWow...so exciting! RBA has a very good success rate so the odds are in your favor that it will work.
ReplyDeleteI have my fingers crossed for you! Good Luck.
ReplyDeleteExcited for you!! Sending good thoughts. Yeah, it can't hurt to ask. Maybe the girl sperm are a little slower and stronger looking. :)
ReplyDeleteYay...lining sounds perfect!
ReplyDeleteIt always amazes me how the drugs work.
ReplyDeleteGood luck next week.
Very exciting - good luck!
ReplyDeleteThis is really exciting! I can't believe it's time already! I am wishing you lots of luck.
ReplyDeleteVery excited for you! Sending good thoughts!
ReplyDelete