7am - wake up and cuddle with Finn. If he's asleep when my alarm goes off, I'll hit snooze, or get my phone and check emails and FB. He usually will wake up by 7:10 so we will read a book, play and be silly or just cuddle until about 7:25. Sometimes he takes longer to wake up and then I end up being late because I still want to spend that time with him.
8:20 - Nanny M gets here, comes upstairs and gets Finn while I (frantically) try to finish getting ready. She changes his diaper and gets him dressed for the day, then we go down together. Finn has started to fuss when I leave but is usually easily distracted by promises of breakfast.
8:30-8:40 - leave for work. I should leave at 8:30 to get there on time (9), but I'm usually late.
5:00 - leave for home. Traffic coming home is much worse than going to work, so I don't usually get home until at least 5:45, sometimes 6.
6-7pm - Play outside for a little bit if it's nice. Finn has usually eaten dinner already, so he has a small snack while I eat dinner (usually a peanut butter sandwich these days, but also leftovers of real food at least 2 times a week). Sometimes he eats what I'm eating, other times just veggies or fruit and cheese.
7pm - head up for bathtime. Occasionally I skip this step, but he loves bathtime, so he usually gets one. After bath, he gets into his pjs, brushes his teeth and then we get in my bed for storytime and a cup of milk. He'll usually pay attention to a couple of stories, and when he's done, we head downstairs.
8ish - head out for our walk. Finn sometimes falls asleep right away, other times takes 30 minutes. I aim to get 20-45 minutes of walking a night, but in the summer I usually walked for an hour. If it's raining, I'll rock him to sleep, but otherwise it's the stroller.
![]() |
| The family bed |
Sometime between 11pm and 3am - Finn wakes up and comes to bed with me. I sleep so much more comfortably with him in his crib, but I feel much more restful when he's in the bed with me. It's my favorite time of the day some days.
***8dpIUI today - had a bunch of uterine twinges and mild cramping/pulling all day Wednesday (5dpIUI) and have had heartburn since Tuesday. It's anybody's guess whether these are real symptoms or just my mind playing tricks on me. Though Gille did have a dream that I got an early BFP---so I'm definitely POAS on Sunday. :)













Oh so exciting...cannot wait for you to POAS :-) What a great picture. So cozy!
ReplyDeleteLove that picture. I miss the schedule.
ReplyDeleteI do like reading about others' schedules ;) Your snuggling/sleeping time with Finn does sound cozy!
ReplyDeleteAnd I also cannot wait for the POAS event ;)
Thanks for sharing your day. Good luck with POAS, can't wait to hear!
ReplyDeleteI like hearing @ schedules as well! Thank you for sharing!! I can not wait to hear @ poas tomorrow!! Hope you see your bfp!!! Fingers crossed!
ReplyDeleteI love the picture. I'm hoping to see a BFP posted on Sunday.
ReplyDeleteI love this day in the life, and can't wait for Sunday!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I'll be with Mindy on Sunday so we'll definitely need an update.
ReplyDeleteFAB news - it's not as though you don't know what to look out for - Will be checking your blog - and keeping fingers crossed!
ReplyDeleteI like your schedule :) And I love that picture!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the co-sleeping photo! i wish that I could co-sleep with Calliope. It sounds so cuddly and lovely. It doesn't work for us in terms of logistics -- i get up and work out in the morning while she's still asleep, and i wouldn't feel safe leaving her plus she would definitely get up -- but i wish it did!
ReplyDeletePS can't wait to hear the POAS results! i can't believe you might be re-entering the world of heartburn and multiple bathroom trips at night and tender breasts and all the rest. crazy! i guess because Finn was not so far ahead of Calliope, it feels more real to me, the idea of T42. but i'm not nearly so brave or ready as you!
ReplyDeleteDying for a POAS update this morning! Fingers are crossed!
ReplyDeleteDon't make us wait too long!
ReplyDeleteLove these day in the life's ...all so different yet do similar too.
ReplyDelete