Friday, September 14, 2012

Moving Right Along

First dose of Femara

I took my second Gonal-F shot tonight (150), and my second to last dose of Femara (5mg).  Why is it that the stim part of the cycle always seems to go so quickly, while the two week wait drags on for years?  One of life's many mysteries.

It seems surreal that I'm even at the point of trying to have a second child.  I still have moments - at least 3 or 4 times a week - that I stop and marvel at the fact that I have a son. Being a mom has been the one constant desire in my life as long as I can remember, and for so long I failed at finding a man to share my life with...it still surprises me that I managed to build a family anyway.

There have been a few moments where I wonder if I should just be content with one child.  There are so many potential heartbreaks when trying to conceive, and it scares me just a little.  A part of me feels tempted to avoid those potential traumas by stopping now, and being happy with the one amazing kid that I have.  But I know my family doesn't feel complete, and won't feel complete until Finn has a little brother or sister.

And so I'm off to do some femoral massage, listen to my meditations and dream of BFPs.

14 comments:

  1. So exciting! I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so relate to your post!! I will be starting Follistim on Monday. The stim part is easy but the 2WW I always find very difficult. It is the lack of control that gets to me!

    I too have been thinking a lot about trying again and the risks involved. I hope that you are pregnant again very soon and that the risk of TTC again is all worth it in the end with a sibling for your little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that it is an easy process for number two. I know exactly how you feel about being in awe that a child is in your arms after many years of hoping. Best of luck, Finn is going to be a great big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. From time to time I still feel shock and disbelief that I'm a mom - and I've had two!

    I'm sure you would be happy and content with just one child, yet also thrilled with two. Chasing your dream while simultaneously reveling in gratitude for what you DO have is a key to happiness, I think - and you seem to do a really great job at both. I know it's a stressful process; remember to just do what you can and let the chips fall. Here's to a quick and easy BFP for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now is not the time to think about being content with one child. You can think that if things don't work out (they will), but now is the time to think that it would be cool to have another baby!

    That's what I tell myself, anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you the best of luck! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck with this cycle! It does seems a bit crazy, I have a little one Finn's age and trying for #2 now. I know just what you mean about potential heartbreak vs that desire they have a sibling. It will be so so worth it. On to cycle #2 for us. Just waiting for your bfp news. You are so much more prepared with all of your fertility meditation, etc. Fingers crossed. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoping for no heartbreak on your journey to baby 2, Finn's sibling :)
    (and love that ring btw!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are embarking on a journey, following your heart and your dreams. Sounds like you feel called, and I think it's important to listen to those calls. Yes, hope things go as quickly and easefully as possible for you this round.

    I'm curious about your protocol. I've read about people overlapping Femara/injectables but when I asked my doc, she said she doesn't do that. But if you respond quickly that can mean you don't end up doing much injectable meds. Is this the same protocol you did with Finn?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fingers crossed for a quick "trying" phase, an easy pregnancy, and a healthy, happy baby!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for you always. I know all to well what the heartbreaks can be like, but how awesome it will be to have your "completed family". You were blessed with one amazing little man, and I know that God has great things planned for you. As you know we are having some nice weather in NC again, so what a great way to bring on Fall with a BFP!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so hear you on the stim vs. tww time disparity! This time I attempted to vacation during the TWW (with the hopes that it would be the longest vacation I've ever had!), but turns out I am missing it by about 5 days. AF came early which was good, but foiled my plans ONCE AGAIN! :) That being said, I'm 8dpo and I'm not sure how I'll make another 6!

    I'm new to your blog and so happy to see that you're trying again! I'm also a sorta SMBC. I'm not in a relationship, but my best friend and I are in discussions about co-parenting. Although, when I began this journey it was as a SMBC.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I understand!!! I'll be thinking of you! Fingers & toes crossed!

    ReplyDelete