My sister met me at my RE's office, and after a brief wait, Dr M walked in with the tech. I've been looking at all sorts of 9 week scans online this weekend, so as soon as the baby came up on the screen, I knew everything was fine. And it is!
Chiquitita measures 9 weeks, 1 day and has a heartbeat of 180! She/he was actually moving - you could see the little arm buds wiggling around, and they had a hard time getting the heart rate at first because it was moving so much. I can't believe I have a baby moving around inside me right now!
Here's the picture - the head is at the bottom of the picture, and you can see the little arm buds in the middle and the leg buds at the top.
Now I'm settling in to enjoy the feeling of a good report, and already looking forward to my next scan in two weeks! As Single Mom 2B pointed out, here ends any comparison to my prior pregnancy. And I'm so thankful.













Congratulations! I know how scary an ultrasound can be. So happy for you!
ReplyDeleteThat's wonderful - so cool to know Chiquitta is already an active one!
ReplyDeleteYeah!! Yeah!! Yeah!! Chiquitta looks just precious!! Absolutely perfect!! I am so so happy for you & now you can sigh with relief & really start to enjoy the coming weeks & months!!
ReplyDeleteI knew it! I knew it! But I'm so happy for the formal report!!! Growing, active, strong baby... sweet!!!
ReplyDeleteYay for great news!!! I'm so happy for you!
ReplyDeleteAhhhh, that's such great news!!! I was also supposed to have an ultrasound today, but it has been postponed until Weds. Fingers crossed for luck like yours!
ReplyDeleteYay! That is wonderful news. I am happy for you. Great job mommy and baby.
ReplyDeleteWoo hooo!!! I'm very happy. And jealous, can't wait for my next scan. Great news...Congrats!
ReplyDeletePS - you've been awarded The Versatile Blogger Award on my blog.
YAHOO! What great news! So happy the baby is doing good.
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!!! I hope the rest of the pregnancy goes just as well!
ReplyDeleteHoooray!! This is SO INCREDIBLY EXCITING!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! I'm so happy for you! Chiquitita looks great! I love that you said "arm buds". That's such a doc thing to say. *g*
ReplyDeleteI love that picture - so, so much.
ReplyDeleteYour baby is so cute, Shannon! And the most beautiful arm buds I've ever seen :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely scan! So happy for you :-).
ReplyDeleteGlad the hurdle is crossed. Smooth running from here on in!
ReplyDeletewow! :)
ReplyDelete