Sunday, September 26, 2010

Maternity Clothes

Thanks to all the weight I've gained this year, none of my clothes fit.  I'm really looking forward to being able to wear maternity clothes, because I'm wearing the same 3 pairs of stretchy pants and same 2 skirts every week to work, and it's getting really old!  I broke down last night and pulled out some maternity pants that my sister gave me back in May, right before my miscarriage.  I tried them all on in mid-May, and they all fit (well, everywhere but the belly).  I was so shocked last night to discover that none of the pants I tried on fit - they were all too tight in my thighs.  My level of exercise dropped dramatically this summer, and my body is really showing it!  Ok,  my indulgence in things like ice cream, cookies and pastries might have had some effect, as well.

Which is why I was so happy to see a Groupon in my inbox today for maternity clothes!  And then so disappointed when I saw just how expensive the clothes are at Bellydance Maternity.  Wow - I'm not sure I'd pay that much for regular clothes, much less clothes I'm only going to wear for a few months!  But, they do sell things like BellaBands and camis that are not that expensive, so I went ahead and bought the coupon - $25 for a $50 purchase.  If any of my pregnant blogger friends are interested, here's the link (the maternity coupon is down the page a bit on the right).  It ends tonight at midnight.

In the meantime, I'm staying away from trying on any pair of pants in my house that I don't know for a fact fit me right now.  My fragile mental state can't handle any more shocks like that!

Speaking of fragile mental state...thank you all for your wonderful comments on my last post.  I know I'm crazy right now, but it is so comforting to know that so many of you can understand the craziness and are sending me support.  Thank you!

8 comments:

  1. Hit the consignment stores. My mom volunteers at a thrift shop and she's found some maternity stuff in good shape for me - when the time comes. Good luck tomorrow... can't wait to read your happy report!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have avoided trying on any of my jeans and stick to the same stretch pants too and I'm not pg. It's all fertility weight and it is depressing. I don't know if you have an H & M where you are but they have really reasonably priced maternity clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My clothes are beginning to get tight too. Not sure what I'll do because I'm tough to fit w/out pregnancy. CAN'T WAIT to hear about your u/s tomorrow. Not much longer to be "crazy".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read something today that empire waist dresses were in fashion this fall (like I'd know what was in style, LOL), but I am not sure you are a dress person so much as a skirt person. But you might be able to find some cute clothes that are non-maternity that could still serve that purpose. I love the consignment shop idea too. Looking forward to hearing good news tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the pastries pictures. Have you looked at Gap Maternity? After your ultrasound tomorrow, you should have some sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummmmm those look good!

    I am DREADING finding maternity clothes for work. I wear a suit every day so I don't know what I'm going to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously! Posting pictures like that is not nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been shopping at Motherhood Maternity since none of my clothes fit now!! They have great deals & nice styles...I recently ordered 6 tops for $80 including shipping & that's Canadian dollars so you can probably get better prices in the US!!

    ReplyDelete