Monday, September 20, 2010

Eight!


It’s one more week before my next ultrasound.  This is the big milestone for me – with my first pregnancy, my second ultrasound at 9 weeks was the one where I learned I’d had a miscarriage.  I feel good about this pregnancy, everything has looked so much better from my betas to my first ultrasound, but I’m still a little nervous.  I’ll be really glad when this next scan is behind me.

My nausea had been well controlled with just a little Pepcid twice a day, but towards the end of last week the Pepcid effect started to wear off, and I’ve pretty much been nauseated non-stop.  Non-stop until this morning, when someone brought us egg sandwiches from Panera Bread for breakfast.  After eating one of those, I was 100% nausea-free for 3 whole hours!  It was so great, I saved one for lunch – which means I had 6 hours of no nausea today!  This is one of those times where I wish I were married.  Because if I were, I’d so have my husband at Panera every morning getting me one of those sandwiches!

I’m still not completely decided on when I’m going to share my news with everyone at work.  I’d thought about telling everyone after my ultrasound next Monday, but I really want to wait until I’m closer to the end of my first trimester.  I just scheduled my first trimester screening (labs and ultrasound) for when I’m 11 weeks – which is just 3 weeks from now.  I think I can hold out that long.  I hope.  

14 comments:

  1. Yeah for nausea free! Maybe you should tell someone at work so they can go get you Panera every day. I would if we were in the same town. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like things are going very smoothly... I'm so glad! Perhaps you should stock up on Panera and freeze some of those magical little sandwiches?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear everything is proceeding smoothly- I guess the silver lining to nausea is that its a glaring sign that everything is going great with the little one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that that you feel good and you have found a magic food. I am finding that blueberry bagels with loads of cream cheese does the trick for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously - hooray for finding a nausea cure! That is phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so great to find nausea relief! You'll be eating those sandwiches a lot in the future, me thinks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eight is such a great number! And only one more week until your next u/s. Definitely a nerve racking time. You sound great though-- holding onto those feelings that this pregnancy is different, everything looks good, your pregnancy symptoms are in full swing. Before you know it, you'll be watching your baby's beautiful heartbeat on the u/s.

    and then it will be 10 weeks, 11 weeks, 12, 14, 20.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess no one at your job knows about your blog??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is there a Panera on the way to work? Or at least in an area where - if you leave a little earlier - you could pick it up on your way in the morning. Whatever staves off the icky feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, that is amazing to find something to eat that completely gets rid of the nausea for that long! You should definitely find a way to get that more often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's awesome that you found something with nutritional value to help with the nausea! I was going to recommend Jolly Ranchers, less conspicuous than Preggy Pop Drops but very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shannon, this is great news. 8 weeks!! Just 32 more weeks to go... you can do it. I can't wait to see the ultrasound.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for kicking the yucks to the curb at least for a while. I'm debating when to break the news at work too. Good "problem" to have!

    ReplyDelete
  14. If Tivo goes to NC for work I will have him get you sandwiches whenver you want them. :D Can't wait to see the next picture. So happy you've found a nausea beater.

    ReplyDelete