We have a tooth! One little tooth, one little tooth, poking up from the gums with another on the way. Hard to believe something that small could make my little guy so miserable. But it has. I hope this other tooth comes through quickly so I can have my happy baby back, for at least a few weeks. Unfortunately, I can't get a picture of that mean little tooth, as Zachary sticks his tongue out every time I pull his lower lip back. But I'll keep trying!
*****
I'm not sure I've ever been this consistently tired before. I'm just mind-numbingly exhausted. Sleep isn't awful...it's not great, but it's not awful...so I'm not sure why I'm so tired. I'm achy and sore a lot, but I don't really have any other symptoms besides fatigue, so I guess it really is just being a mom that has me feeling so tired.
I'm doing all I can to enjoy this time, this age, these moments, but I still can't help but look forward to being better rested and being able to do more with my two boys. And having the time and energy to do more for myself. Some of my friendships have suffered, because I just don't have it in me to put forth as much an effort at cultivating them as I used to. I know that some of my friends understand. Some of my single friends have gone out of their way to keep the lines of communication open, and even help out when they can. I just really hope my other friends are cutting me some slack, because I know that in a few months (ok, maybe more than a few months, but trying to be optimistic), I'll be able to be a better friend again. I hope.
This week's pictures...I'm amazed at how many smiling shots I got of Zachary. He definitely did more crying than smiling this past week.
 |
| 7/2/14: Finally! A close up that shows his eyes - they're just starting to change from the blue he was born with |
 |
| 7/3/14: Happy brothers |
 |
| 7/4/14: 4th of July family selfie |
 |
| 7/5/14: my chunky monkey in the tub |
 |
| 7/6/14: playing together |
 |
| 7/7/14: his favorite way to sit in the chair now. sometimes he leans a little too far forward and gets stuck |
 |
| 7/8/14: love their matching sleep positions |
Ohmygosh, your boys are so darn cute and handsome. Love the pics! I'm sure you are exhausted taking care of their every need and not having time to take care of yourself. Good thing you know it gets easier as they get older, but yes to try and take it all in too because it goes so fast. Just throwing it out there in case it may help at all, I felt the same way you did with Max by myself and my doctor just said it's from taking care of him. I learned 2 years later I have a thyroid issue... again just throwing it out there in case that helps at all to check.
ReplyDeleteThey are beautifu!!!! You said you hope your friends are cutting you some slack. Well, I hope that you are remembering to cut yourself some slack. You are the mom of two small boys- one of whom is still very small and would probably be exhausting on his own. Then you are working full-time and picking up more patients because your partner is sick. Hopefully you will get some rest soon. If I were closer, I'd come over to watch the boys to just to let you nap.
ReplyDeleteEvery week, as I look at the photos, I can't help but think your home feels like such a warm and happy place. The boys are growing up in such a wonderful environment! They are so adorable together! I hope you are able to get some more rest, and maybe even some personal time too.
ReplyDeleteThere's nothing wrong with looking forward while still enjoying now! I love your weekly photos! I have a very similar photo of E in her chair!! Once she leaned so far forward she ended up turtling!! Leave it to my kid to tip the untippable chair!
ReplyDeleteYour boys are so cute! I can't believe that Z is already getting teeth. My Ladybugs are no where near getting teeth which I am happy about since I just love those toothless grins. I've also told them that they aren't allowed to be mobile since my house is going to be a nightmare to baby proof.
ReplyDelete