Thursday, July 3, 2014

A Day Late

I work with a great bunch of people.  My partners are fabulous, the staff is great, my assistant is absolutely the best and we all work well together as a team. We've also had a lot of really bad things over the past 3-4 years - cancer, deaths, teenage daughters, car accidents - bad stuff.  This week the trend continued when one of my partners was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma.  He'd already been out sick for a few weeks, but we were expecting him to be fully recovered by now.  Instead he's just been transferred to a different hospital for intensive chemo.  We're reeling with the news, and also struggling to cover his hospital shift this week and find places for all his patients.

This week was supposed to be my first week of starting a little earlier so I could get home by 5pm. I made that early once.  I've had a headache all week.  And I'm so thankful for the 3 day weekend ahead.  Except that Zachary appears to be teething and has been even more difficult the past few days than he was over last weekend.  Nanny M was frazzled when I got home today - and that's rare for her.  So I'm worried about what's ahead for the next few days.  It's times like now that a husband would really come in handy.

Both boys went to sleep relatively easily tonight, though, and I've had a fairly quiet evening (aside from the distant sound of neighborhood fireworks).  I'm hoping for a good weekend and praying Zachary wakes up with a tooth poking through so he can finally feel better.

A day late - here's last week's pictures.

6/25/14: Selfie with Z watching the bubbles

6/26/14: sleeping baby with a full diaper

6/27/14: Z is too heavy to hold while brushing teeth and washing up before bed, but he's completely happy sitting here while Finn and I do his nighttime routine

6/28/14: sleeping peacefully while Finn and I get in a walk

6/29/14: brothers hanging out on the floor

6/30/14: sad face

7/1/14: Z is starting to enjoy his high chair (and clearly Finn adores Z)

7 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so, so sorry to hear about A and his Hodgkins diagnosis. Please let him know he's in my thoughts.

    And I hope Z's teeth come through soon (yay teeth!!). Also, props to you for making excellent use of the bumbo and keeping both boys happy. And saving your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon, sounds like a little diversion from the seriousness of life would be welcomed. Have you thought about putting an online dating profile up and seeing what is out there? You could meet the man of your dreams....a ,plan who would be a wonderful husband and father. I put a profile up myself...if anything, it is fun diversion :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edited: a man not a plan, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon, I am so sorry to hear about your coworker. I will keep you all in my prayers.

    I hope that Zachary gets those teeth through where he will feel better and will let you feel better also. I love of the picture of Z in the bumpo during the night time routine and the pictures of the boys together. :-) Don't forget to take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know how proud I am of that toothbrushing picture, don't you? I so wish I could have been Finn's pediatric dentist...what fun he and I would be having!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had a great long weekend and that it was quiet and relaxing!!! teething sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness Z is getting so big! Both boys are just as cute as can be.

    ReplyDelete