Little Chimichanga made her/his ultrasound debut this morning, with a lovely heart rate of 119, measuring right at 6 weeks 4 days and looks ravishing with his/her perfectly sized yolk sac - the accessory every embryo is sporting these days. And the poor thing is already facing second child syndrome, as the picture I'm posting here is just a picture of the ultrasound, rather than the scanned image I've always done in the past. I will try to do better next time.
After the ultrasound was complete, LB (who was nice enough to come with me for my early morning scan) and I walked around to the nurses station, where my RE was waiting for me on the phone. He'd been called out of town unexpectedly due to family illness, but still wanted to tell me congratulations himself.
It was so amazing, that second I saw the little heartbeat flickering. Suddenly it all seemed very real - as bad as I've felt, I've been having a hard time really wrapping my mind around the fact that I could drive to Atlanta and have an embryo put inside of me, and that would really get me pregnant. But it has! It really worked!
It's amazing how much I already love that little speck and flicker on the ultrasound that's measuring all of 7mm or so. I want to wrap my arms around it and squeeze like I do Finn. Which is ridiculous, so I've settled for rubbing my lower abdomen repeatedly today. So repeatedly that I've got to stop before someone actually asks me if I'm pregnant, and I have to spill the beans before I'm ready.
My due date is February 10, 2014. That's a long time from now, but in a few years I'll look back and feel like it all passed too quickly. While it's pretty hard to savor nausea and fatigue, I'm going to try to enjoy every second of this pregnancy that I can. I really did love being pregnant the last time; I hope I love it even more this time around.












Congratulations!!! Beautiful picture!!! So happy for you.
ReplyDeleteWonderful news! Congrats! Sounds like you have settled into your pregnancy :-) As crazy hard as 2 is, the 2nd feels like even more of a blessing to me because of the sibling relationship that is born, too. I'm so very excited for you!
ReplyDeleteSuch great news!! I did hear that yolk sacs are very in for summer 2013, but placentas are going to be trendy much more for this fall. Hope you get to feeling a bit better too!
ReplyDeleteYay! What a relief, huh? It is completely amazing that any of this stuff actually results in a real live baby. What a world we live in!
ReplyDeleteThis, my second pregnancy has gone by SO FAST! I can't even believe it. Having a toddler and being pregnant is a whole different experience. I'm curious and excited to see how this goes for you. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteFantastic news. So happy for you!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! That is amazing!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Shannon and Finn! This is just wonderful!!!
ReplyDeleteWonderful!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful news - so happy for you.
ReplyDeleteHooray! I hope the next eight months are easy and uneventful but filled with so much happiness.
ReplyDeleteS/he's adorbs!!! Glad all went well!!
ReplyDeleteOh yes, the yolk sac is gorgeous, darling. :) so happy for you.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad it's settled in and feeling real. It's happening! Finn's going to be a big brother!
Feb 10 is my girl's b-day! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteAs soon as I saw the title I knew it was the little one's name :) I loved Chiquita so much, this is just as cute!
ReplyDeleteAnd it looks like a real designer sac, not one of those cheapy knock-offs ;)
So happy and excited for you :)
awesome :)
ReplyDeleteFebruary is a great month for a birthday :)
So amazing! And great name!
ReplyDeleteWow, a huge congratulations to you and Finn!!! So exciting! I hope all continues to go well, and you start feeling better soon. I remember the nausea and fatigue all too well, and it's hard. But SOOOO worth it in the end!
ReplyDeleteShannon! So wonderful! I'm so excited for you and Finn. Hooray for Feb 10!
ReplyDeleteWonderful photo!!! So much of what you are going through I am feeling. i am due a month before you also with my second. I am trying to savour being pregnant, but when I feel like crap most of the time it is so hard. I had a hard time last pregnancy, but really I just want to feel this little bubba move! I also had some spotting out of the blue, and it reminds me we still have a little while to go. Great to be able to read along as we are so close, and know how you feel. I too can't wait to meet this little one - it makes it so much more real having a son already and knowing where this pregnancy will end up (all going well!). Let's try and enjoy :) But first trimester sucks!
ReplyDeleteThe cutest embryo I've seen in months!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
Congratulations!! Seeing the heartbeat is really so amazing :)
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you and to follow you through your pregnancy while raising a toddler. So much different. Wishing you an uneventful pregnancy, as you won't be able to pay much attention to it anyway!!!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like a wee little Lego man with a machete. I hope I'm wrong- for your sake. No one needs a wee Lego baby with a machete sliding out their baby maker chute.
ReplyDeleteHoly Frijoles!! Where have I been?? Congratulations!!
ReplyDeletei've been away too long!! so happy to hear such beautiful news, happiest congratulations to you!!!
ReplyDeleteYah! Congratulations!
ReplyDelete