![]() |
| This face cracks me up |
We celebrated today by scheduling his MRI for Friday morning at 7am. They usually only do pediatric MRIs on Wednesday, which would have meant we'd have to wait until next week, but they made an exception for him and put him on Friday (without me asking). Thank goodness. I talk to anesthesia tomorrow and will find out how long Finn will have to go without eating - keeping him from eating at that time of morning shouldn't be too horrible, since he usually doesn't wake until 7 and then eats at 8:15 or so. He even slept through the night (!!!!) once this weekend, from midnight to 7am, so I know he can handle 4-6 hours that time of day without being too miserable. I hope!
Thank you all for your wonderful, supportive comments - they all really have kept me calm - even when I started to have a breakdown after pre-registering him at the hospital this afternoon. I don't know why that upset me so much, but I had to stop and reread my blog comments before I could compose myself and go on with my day after that.
Now I'm just hoping the radiologist knows me and is willing to give me the results right after it's done. I completely forgot to ask the scheduler if the ophthalmologist would call me with the results on Friday...I'm guessing she won't, so I really hope I luck out with the radiologist. I did one of them a huge favor this week, fingers crossed he's the one who reads Finn's scan.













Shannon - he's so cute! He's already got the best mom ever! He's going to be fine!
ReplyDeleteI was thinking of you and Finn today as I wrote the date on my board. I'm glad you were able to get Finn's MRI scheduled so quickly.
ReplyDeleteSorry you have to go through this. I will be thinking of you and Finn and praying for the best.
ReplyDeleteHey Shannon!!
ReplyDeleteI have been meaning to email you, but while I'm here I want to send big hugs and lots of love your way!! Tate and I are rooting for Finn down this-a-way!! I totally get your anxiety filling out the paperwork today...makes it all real, doesn't it? One step at a time my friend. You and Finn will be okay, no matter what happens, because Finn was meant to be!!! He's here to do great things, this special little boy who is all yours!!! Though we can't all be with you Friday at 7am I know you will feel all of us out here in cyberspace lifting you and your precious Finn up in prayer!!
I just feel like I want to give you a hug. Hang in there. Things have to be okay.
ReplyDeleteI love the face too. Perfect for the post.
I'll definitely be thinking of you on Friday!!!!
ReplyDeleteShannon, everything is going to be fine, but I know how tough it is when something isn't right with your baby. I'm saying big prayers for you.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Jenny
Good luck with that! I hope you get the radiologist you know and can get an answer soon.
ReplyDeleteBest of luck. Thinking of you both.
ReplyDeleteFinn just gets cuter and cuter with every picture! He looks like such a happy and healthy boy!
ReplyDeleteI sincerely hope that the radiologist is someone you know and will help ease your worries as I can't imagine what you must be feeling. Not knowing can be such a difficult passage to endure. I hope you find a good resolution by Friday. My thoughts are with you and Finn.
Thinking of you, Shannon!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you have to go through such a scary thing! It sounds like the odds are overwhelmingly in your favor... try to hold onto that!
And just in case you DON'T know the radiologist... they should still hopefully do you the professional courtesy of looking at it for you. Don't be afraid to lay it on thick!
Sending hugs to you and adorable Finn!
How adorable is that face?!?!? I'm sorry you're having to go through so much worry & hope you get a good radiologist...Finn will be fine. Sending you both positive thoughts.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you and Finn this morning... I am sure he was a superstar! Fingers crossed the radiologist is the one you know and gives you the results right away.
ReplyDelete