After checking my cervix this morning, my OB had just three mean little words to say: "closed thick high." In fact, she wouldn't even entertain the idea of induction now (which I don't want anyway), saying I was sure to end up with a c-section if we tried to get things moving now. The plan is to reassess on Tuesday, and schedule an induction for later in the week if nothing has happened then. I think it's a reasonable plan, and I am completely comfortable with my doctor's reasoning, but I really hope that I don't have to see her on Tuesday. Induction and the risk of complications really scares me!
I know I'm only 3 days past dates, but after all the waiting, this last wait seems to be unending. Is it possible that I could end up being pregnant forever?
lolol....i feel like i could be pregnant forever. I feel your pain sister!
ReplyDeleteI met an unusual lady from Singapore when I was traveling. (She was then the mother with the most kids in the whole of that country - 12 singletons) She told me of her 7th child that refused to be born until they changed it's name twice (perhaps a renaming ceremony?) I also remember her assuring me that another one of hers, was so stubborn he refused to be born until he was a MONTH overdue! - Apparently he weighed close to 15 pounds - and popped out no problem!
ReplyDeleteI thought Chiquito would be born on Cinco de Mayo... he will come soon.
ReplyDeleteYup, forever and ever...
ReplyDeleteI am getting so impatient for you!
Hang in there! xx
ReplyDeleteThinking of you!!!!!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteYou definitely don't want an induction before you're ready...I wish I had waited. Hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer
ReplyDeleteOhh that stinks those words, I feel your pain. Hopefully soon.
ReplyDeleteThe good news is that some people can go from those three evil words to being a mom in mere hours. Here's wishing you a fast and furious labor!
ReplyDeleteNo one is pregnant forever. It just feels that way. Be glad you're not past your due date during August. Yuck!
ReplyDeleteHoping it's soon and quick!
That must be discouraging! Hang in there, he WILL come out, sooner or later... and not much later!
ReplyDeletemy friend told me that in france they consider a normal pregnancy to be 41 weeks. so over there, you wouldn't even be due yet!
chiquitito is just putting the finishing touches on things in there, so that he's just PERFECT when he meets in mama!
abby
who, yes, is one of the lucky ones due in august