I have officially reached the point where I am ready to have this baby! I had an OB appointment yesterday, and was lucky enough to see one of my favorite docs. In addition to cringing when Dr. H felt my belly and said, “Wow, he’s a big boy!” I also endured my first cervical check, which was surprisingly not bad. I’ve checked a few cervixes in my time, and seen even more being checked, and every single one of those women came off the table with it. But somehow I lucked out, and while it wasn’t fun, it wasn’t the torture fest I was anticipating.
My cervix is softening, but it’s still closed. So last night I went for a walk in Target after my acupuncture appointment, and today I walked the long way to get my mail. Not really enough to do anything, but it’s a start, right? I’m pressing on the acupressure points my acupuncturist recommended to stimulate cervical dilation, too. Next up is nipple stimulation and sitting on my yoga ball – possibly both at the same time? What could be more fun that that?
The answer to that is also the very best way to get the cervix to ripen: exposing it to sperm. Which I don’t have access to…unless I want to thaw one of my remaining two vials of my donor to do the job, and that seems like a bit too much of a waste. Then again, I could go out clubbing tomorrow night and hope I find a guy who’s really into pregnant women. And if that doesn’t work, one of my co-workers kindly offered her husband’s services to help me out. (If I go way past my due date, I might be tempted to go with one of those three options! Desperate times, desperate measures.)
Tomorrow is my last day at work! OMG, I can't believe that as of tomorrow I'm going to be on maternity leave. Me! Maternity leave! I never thought it would happen.












Well I'm glad the cervix check went better than expected! Cause I'm pretty sure I'd be one of the ones coming off the table.
ReplyDeleteAnd hooray for maternity leave!!! Maybe chiquitito is just letting you finish up work so your new career as mom can start the next day ;)
Yeah for maternity leave after tomorrow! That's when I start, too. I can't wait to RELAX!
ReplyDeleteI can imagine you are SO ready for your baby to come! I went into labor 9 days early after spending a long day at a friends crazy wedding where I was hula hooping. No joke. I think the hula hooping sent me into labor.
ReplyDeleteOf course my labor didn't go so well, so maybe skip the hula hooping after all.
I hope your boy comes soon- can't wait to hear the news!
SO excited for you girl! It's hard to believe you're SO close to meeting your boy! Where has the time gone?
ReplyDeleteYou are so close!!! I laughed out loud at your coworker's comment...what a generous soul! Yay for maternity leave. I hope your last day at work is calm and stress free.
ReplyDeleteOnly four days until full term, amazing! I've been following your blog for most of the pregnancy. It's helpful and interesting getting a doctor's take on many aspects. I'm happy for you and am wishing you an easeful delivery, sooner rather than later! (lol about the exercise ball!)
ReplyDeleteLittle Miss came right after my maternity leave started so get ready! It was such a shame only in that I had such a lovely day planned which is ok because it was totally awesome in a different way. :)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear official word!
Can't believe you are so close! I'm glad you made it until your planned last day, though - it can be annoying if you don't get a chance to wrap things up. I can't wait to hear when Chiquitito is here!
ReplyDeleteYay! You're so close! You will forever be someone's mommy. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteYay! Almost there. Can't wait to meet Chiquitito!
ReplyDeleteSo very close, I can hardly wait. I'm sure you are ready to get this show on the road and start living your dream of being a Mom!
ReplyDeleteGabby
This is So exciting!! I have been watching your ticker counting down and hoping for news!! I can't wait!
ReplyDeletewow. he's almost here...time is winding down. how exciting!
ReplyDeleteSO EXCITING!! You're almost there, Mama!!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you worked up until 39+4/40!! I bet it feels wonderful to be on maternity leave now :)
ReplyDeleteI have a funny visual picture of you sitting on a yoga ball stimulating your nipples! What are these acupuncturists on about? LOL!!
Good luck Shannon, I hope things go quickly for you now xx
You are almost there... you are going to meet Chiquito soon!!! I am so happy for mommy and baby boy. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteVery exciting - hope the big day is very soon and that everything goes easily!
ReplyDeleteI am LOVING the mental image of you on a yoga ball tweaking your nipples!!!! I'm married and my husband won't even donate to the cause, so I somewhat feel you. I might make him J.O. in a cup since he's so used to that by now, and then make my own homemade Cervidil :-)
ReplyDeleteYAY maternity leave! So so happy for you, Shannon. Do you feel it's gone by quickly? I swear you were just announcing you were pregnant - like 2 months ago. Ha!
ReplyDeleteKeep up the stimulations and he'll be here before you know it :)
Good Luck and I can't wait to hear the wonderful news that he's here!
I keep stalking your blog :) Thinking of you! Hope you're resting!
ReplyDeleteZero days left! thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteI'm stalking your blog too!! I'm so excited for you!! Really and truly!! I cannot wait for you to meet Chiquito!! I remember these last days! I'll be checking back again later today :)
ReplyDeleteWoohoo! I hope your tricks start working. I had my membranes stripped with all three and it worked like a charm every time, but you've got to be at least a little bit dilated for that.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the little guy! So excited for you!
Last day of work! Hope baby comes soon enough, but until then.. enjoy your last few days :-).
ReplyDeleteBest wishes for you and the baby--enjoy all joy that is about to come your way!
ReplyDeleteHappy maternity leave! Inquiring minds want to know: Did you go out clubbing? Did you get lucky? And how on earth did you have an easy cervical check?!
ReplyDeleteYou're in my thoughts and prayers, Shannon, for an easy delivery and a healthy baby.
Hugs!
Ticker says 0 -days to go! Looking forward to seeing the little guy! Hope all is well.
ReplyDelete