Last night I had dinner with LB, and after dinner we came back to my place to visit and so she could feel my belly and tell me what position Chiquitito is in, since I've been having trouble being sure myself. I felt like he dropped some after my acupuncture appointment last week - the first one where she started adding needles to points that will help prepare my body for labor. Ever since then, it's been easier to bend over, and I was pretty sure his head had dropped into my pelvis. But then at times it feels like his head is under my ribcage, so I wasn't sure. LB confirmed that his head is low, and he's all stretched out with his butt and thighs under my ribcage, and his legs usually extended off to the side. He feels awfully long, but I'm really short-waisted, so it's hard to have real perspective. And it is awfully nice to have a friend who's an OB!
As of today, I have two weeks of work left (yes, I'm working up until my due date - but I'm planning on taking 3 months off, and I want to make sure most of that time is going to be spent with Chiquitito once he's born) and as a bonus I have a three day weekend starting tomorrow. First thing in the morning, I'm taking my car and car seat to a car seat clinic to have the experts install it for me. It's technically one of those where they are supposed to just inspect it, but everyone I know who has been to one says they learned they did it wrong, and the workers had to redo it anyway. So I'll just be saving them the step of having to undo my mistakes, which I think it very kind of me.
I have an appointment for a prenatal massage after that and then I'm planning on getting a pedicure (my toenails are atrocious and it's getting way to warm to continue to wear close toed shoes), followed by some Target shopping and some exchanges at the baby stores. I'm wrapping up the day with dinner with the newly knocked up bun in the oven, which is always a fun time!
T-18 days and counting!












Sounds like a fabulous day! Can I crash dinner??? I'd love to see you both!!
ReplyDeleteWow! It is getting closer! Enjoy your massage and pedi. Take good care of yourself right now.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great day. My last day of work is tomorrow. I can barely standband talk at the same time lol. 18 days will fly by...hopenthat the swollen feet will not be so bad and the massage is relaxing.
ReplyDeleteDoes sound like a great day! You're getting so, so close.
ReplyDelete