Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Doctor's Day

Today is Doctor's Day - a day that's usually forgotten, but occasionally celebrated with a nice breakfast or a card from the office staff.

Well, this year, my office decided to go all out.  The morning started with me being greeted at the door with streamers and a sign that read "Happy Doctor's Day!"  When I walked in, Linda in medical records yelled to tell everyone I was here, and most of the staff showed up in my office so they could present me with my gifts.  My gifts were put inside the lovely bag pictured here - I guess it's no secret that I've been significantly affected by all the pregnancy hormones floating around inside me (it's such a shame that I'm single).

Inside the bag were two packages of Peeps (I love Peeps!) and a hot pink fuzzy hat.  The pink fuzzy hat was because I used to have a patient that I couldn't stand who wore a pink fuzzy hat every time I saw her - and I hated that hat.  While listening to the patient give me all the ridiculous excuses about why she couldn't check her sugar, follow her diet or take her insulin during her pregnancy, I used to have fantasies of ripping that pink hat off her head and ripping it to shreds.  And now I own one of those hats. I took a picture of me wearing it, but it's just too hideous to share.   You'll have to trust me.

Under the hat was the box pictured here - an inflatable husband.  Exactly what every girl needs, especially when accompanied by a riding crop to help "keep him in line" or perhaps to use if he gets too close to the Peeps.



As much as my job sucks some days lately, I really love the people that I work with!  Especially since they topped the day off with a huge, yummy cake.  Which I didn't have to share with my inflatable husband.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, your office staff sounds great! They must really know you well. Enjoy the peeps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah.. inflatable husband!?! I had no idea that was even an option! Ha ha. (now I want one!) Sounds like you have a fun group of people that you work with - happy day to you!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Doctor's Day! You deserve to be spoiled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doctor's Day??!! Why don't we have that here? Sounds great :)
    I cannot believe Chiquitito is due in 32 days! I hope everything is going well Shannon, not long now xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bag!! And you do have a great staff!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you have a fabulous office team! I love the inflatable husband!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Doctor's Day! Your co-workers are awesome, with great senses of humor. Love the inflatable husband.... I need one of those :)

    And I just saw your countdown ticker is down to 31! One month from tomorrow... YAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete