![]() |
| Gift from my sister that made me cry |
After the shower, my book club girls and Alyson, my college friend, helped pack everything up and bring it upstairs (we had it in my building's party room) and then they proceeded to help me put everything away. My new nursery bedding was washed, the rug laid down, pictures hung, the crib put together and clothes sorted. By the end of the afternoon, almost everything was where it needed to be, and all I had to do was supervise.
During the entire weekend I was spoiled - if I needed something upstairs, someone would get it for me; if something needed to be moved, someone did else did it; if I dropped something, I was yelled at if I tried to get it before someone else could. At one point I said, "You know, I do all this stuff for myself all the time," and the reply I got was, "Sure you do, but you should let us do it for you while we're here and we can help."
I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends!
![]() |
| Two of my friends being being silly and giving Chiquitito some love |














Ahh, sounds like you had a fun party. love the idea of having people decorate items like that. You look so happy & glowing! The message on the plaque makes me teary - but in a good way :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet gift from your sister! And I love how everyone wanted to take care of you :) Glad you had a lovely party. 56 days--crazy!!!
ReplyDelete*sniff* that sign is soooo sweet! Wish I was there! I can't wait to see more pics!
ReplyDeleteYour gift made me cry too! And you look soooo great! I'm glad that your friends were there to help and have fun.
ReplyDeleteYou look so beautiful! I love your outfit! I'm glad you had a great shower.
ReplyDeleteSounds like it was a perfect shower. I love having great friends around!! Sounds like you are just about ready for Chiquitito's arrival!
ReplyDeleteAh, so much fun! I'm so glad you had a weekend of being spoiled and getting fun stuff for Chiquitito! :)
ReplyDeleteIt's so nice to see what you look like! I haven't been reading that long, so I don't know whether you've posted pictures of yourself before, but it's cool to see them now. And it is wonderful to be pampered like that. hopefully they'll all be equally helpful when the baby arrives!
ReplyDeleteYeah baby showers! You look so happy - can't wait to see the pictures of the nursery.
ReplyDeleteBest shower ever!!! And I'm not just saying that because I helped plan it. :) You're an awesome showeree.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you had such a great time! I love the idea of getting rid of the typical games and decorating the onesies. I may just steal your idea;) Glad everything went well! Wow, 55 days to go!!
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of decorating a onesie, too! I already passed it on to one of my shower-throwers!
ReplyDeleteYou look beautiful! Definitely glowing. It's cool to get a better peek at what you look like.
Yay!
Oh you are so cute! What a wonderful baby shower - it sure does sound like you've got great friends! It can be hard for us single gals who are so used to taking care of ourselves to let others pamper us, but it is sooo good for the heart and soul. I have been trying to re-train myself to answer "why yes, that would be lovely, thank you" anytime someone offers to do something nice for me. I'd love to see a pic of the nursery!
ReplyDeleteAww, that looks like an awesome baby shower! How nice that your friends helped you put all your goodies away...
ReplyDeleteYou look so pretty, Shannon! Absolutely glowing!! It sounds (and looks) like you all had a great time celebrating. I teared up reading your sister's gift - so sweet.
ReplyDeleteAnd I second Claire, I'd love to see pics of the nursery!
What a wonderful shower! And you look great!!
ReplyDeleteSound like a beautiful, and wel deserved, shower. Thanks for sharing photos, too! You look fantastic!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you had a great time. Love the photos.
ReplyDeleteYou look amazing. It's getting close. So excited for you.
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful gift from your sister. I would have cried too. Sounds like a wonderful shower!
ReplyDeleteShan, what a wonderful day! Give Chiquito a big kiss for me. I'm so happy for you.
ReplyDeleteawww, you look beautiful!!!! Your shower sounds like so much fun! and I LOVE that plaque from your sister and want to know where she got it!!! :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had such a great shower lady! You look beautiful!
ReplyDelete