Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Super Chunk

I have never been so hungry in my entire life as I've been the past three and a half months.  And aside from the end of pregnancy, I've never weighed so much in my entire life, either.  It is amazing how hard it is to not eat when I'm sleep deprived and hungry at the same time.

I thought that being back at work would help.  But it hasn't.  I thought that my appetite would get better as I got used to breast feeding again.  But it hasn't.  I thought cooking most of my meals would help.  But it hasn't.

I caught sight of myself in the mirror this weekend when I was half naked, and I did not like what I saw. Not one bit.  And none of my clothes fit, so I'm wearing maternity pants (that are too big for me) and the same shirts over and over again.

In an attempt to find some motivation, I ordered a fitbit using my credit card reward points. I also bought some healthy snacks (and by healthy, I mean not donuts). I can't even imagine committing to a hard core diet right now. And there's no way I can get in significant exercise. But I can eat a little better. And I can move a little more.

Small changes...time to practice what I preach to my patients every day!

This week's pictures - I can't believe I've been able to keep up with these.

5/14/14: Zachary suddenly needs to be in the middle of everything - this is his new spot when I'm cooking dinner

5/15/14: such a happy boy - smiles all the time

5/16/14: sleepy snuggles - my favorite part of the evening

5/17/14: playing footsie with my friend's 7 month old beautiful daughter

5/18/14: second nap in the crib - ever

5/19/14: is that drool???

5/20/14: ready for the pool (pic by Nanny M - it was too great not to use for this day's picture!)

6 comments:

  1. Such adorable pictures! You have such cute boys!!! And.... don't be so hard on yourself on the eating. Life will all even out soon enough, right now you have a lot going on. Don't worry about it too much, even though I know that can be hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is 2 months old and I can't believe my appetite either. I've found a spoonful of coconut oil really helps. High in med chain fatty acids, don't increase insulin, but totally helps appetite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is super cute...and I remember being so very hungry when breastfeeding!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how you work and are a mom of a baby....the states need new mat leave rules! I love the crib picture. Don't be so hard on yourself. You are doing it all!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you have great weather. take the kids out for a walk

    ReplyDelete