Over the weekend I started reading a book a friend gave me, a fun "chick lit" book of the sort I used to devour in one sitting. This is the second book I've read for pleasure in about a year...me, the girl who used to read 10 books a week.
All was quiet for about an hour as I read, then Zachary started to stir for his before bed feeding. As I pulled myself out of the book the division between where my life was before Finn and Zachary, and where it is now was so disorienting I actually felt a little dizzy for a second. I'm enjoying the book, but I actually found it to be a huge relief that I was where I am now, instead of where the two female characters are in the book (single, lonely and looking for love).
And then Finn had a horrible nightmare, and a few hours later Zachary decided to be awake for almost 2 hours in the middle of the night, and I thought that maybe one or two lonely nights might not be such a bad thing. Though I'd spend them sleeping, not out on the town.
As I'm barely able to keep my eyes open, I'm sharing this week's pictures and then off to bed!
 |
| 5/7/14: these fingers taste good |
 |
| 5/8/14: bedtime |
 |
| 5/9/14: cozy |
 |
| 5/10/14: with my assistant at Finn's party |
 |
5/11/14: broke out my tripod and camera remote for the first time, just to test the waters. Next time: make up for me and a different time of day for better light
5/12/14: a very bad pic that's still on my phone |
.JPG) |
| 5/13/14: I just love this baby |
I also never long for my old life - just don't ask me that at 4 AM with a crying baby!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love the photo of all three of you! Everyone is so happy and content, and that isn't always easy to do!
ReplyDeleteGreat picture of all of you! Zachary is getting so big! I used to be an avid reader, and it now takes me months and months to get through a book. It's always nice when I transport myself into a character's life and realize that my life is pretty good. : )
ReplyDeleteI also love the picture of the three of you. It's so sweet.
ReplyDeleteIs that Zachary in that last one? He really looks like Finn there, huh? Great pics!
ReplyDeleteI don't miss being on my own, I don't miss dating...but I sure do miss being able to get lost in a good novel. I am hoping to make it a priority this summer.
ReplyDeleteThe photo of the three of you is adorable.
I think the family portrait is wonderful. Don't worry about no makeup; it's really lovely the way it is.
ReplyDeleteIt's funny, but I'm really struggling with exhaustion now - J-Bear still wakes up every two hours, I'm in the process of moving, SR wakes up for me to find her Ernie figurine. And still I stay up well past midnight most nights reading - I'm enjoying the Divergent trilogy (book 2) now. Great pictures. Your boys are adorable.
ReplyDeleteSo cute! What's the title of the book? I've been looking for a quick read.
ReplyDeleteI used to be a huge reader, too, but I'll admit I started watching way more tv and reading less as I got older. Now, I can keep up with the tv shows (usually), but reading has fallen way off. Those pics are great. Ooooooh, those chubby, squishable cheeks!! Great pic of all of you, too.
ReplyDeleteI think the tripod picture of the 3 of you is awesome!!! :)
ReplyDelete