Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Just What the Doctor Ordered

I'm kicking off my board review studying with a review course this week. There were two I considered - this one on Marco Island in Florida, or one in Boston in March.  As much as I love Boston, the beach in January sounded much more appealing!

We had an early morning flight, and were checked into our room by lunchtime.  We quickly changed into clothes appropriate for 84 degree weather, and then ate our lunch by the pool.  We then spent hours by the wonderful kiddie pool, with a short diversion on the beach, where Finn was terrified by the sea gulls (which really do look big enough to carry him away).

Nanny M and I took turns with Finn in the water before we went to the beach, and when we came back, Nanny M relaxed in the sun while Finn and I played.  We sat in the shallow end, then went into the deeper water where we spun and splashed and blew bubbles and had a wonderful time.  All the while, Finn said over and over again, "Happy happy happy!" punctuated with lots of hugs, kisses and giggles.

Such a lovely day.


13 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I'm so jealous! Right now I'm waiting for snow to hit my city. Soak up some warmth and sun for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you ordered it up :) I agree, enjoy the warmth. And the ocean! Must have been music to your ears to hear him say he's Happy! I'm sure mama is too :)
    Thanks for sharing the pictures, we'll glean some warmth. If not from the sunset, then definitely that sweet little face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marco Island is beautiful!!! It's about 3ish hours from me! Enjoy your stay down there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds wonderful! But if by chance you DO come to Boston sometime, please let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you are enjoying your time in Florida!!! I have always heard great things @ Marco island.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm time for us to go to the bahamas again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh, sounds lovely. Please send some of the sun and heat up here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOOH!!! jealous!!!

    sounds lovely! just what you needed, I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok. I'm jealous! We did get 60 degree weather in my part of the world yesterday but tomorrow the high is going to be in the 20's. How does that make sense?? I love the picture of Finn. Adorable. I'm glad you got to enjoy some time in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That does sound like a lovely day--so glad you got to share it with your (not so) little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and M sure are lucky ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, as much as I wish you'd chosen Boston so we could maybe meet in person... There's no denying you made the right choice!! Glad you had so much fun - it sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete