This weekend was a perfect weekend.
 |
| Getting festive with a party hat |
Wait, let me back up a bit. I had thought that after the MRI in October that most of my worry and stress was gone, but judging from the degree of relief I felt after Friday's MRI, I think I was fooling myself. I know I'll never stop worrying, but every single MRI is going to make me feel better. And now, here we are, 5 months out and that tumor just keeps on getting smaller and less defined. I have noticed since August that Finn's right hand is always cooler than his left. I've been worried that this meant something bad, but when I remembered to mention it to Dr. B on Friday, she thought that maybe it was because he was born with the tumor, and it might have been compressing one of the arteries to the arm. During gestation he had plenty of time to grow more vessels to supply the arm, but because they don't come the normal route, that might be why his hand is cold. I then went back and looked at all my notes from when he was in the hospital, and saw that the surgeon had mentioned the tumor wrapped around the subclavian artery. So her hypothesis makes sense - and since nothing new has shown up on the MRI, I'm feeling less worried about that.
So the relief I felt over the weekend put me in a great mood. And Finn was in a good mood, too. Saturday we had plans to run errands, and ended up meeting my friend Liz and her older two daughters for lunch. Finn smiled and giggled and loved Liz's daughter Erin. We did some shopping, and Finn laughed his way through the grocery store, entertaining me and all the other shoppers while he did. We played at home, he ate well, he napped well and was sweet and cuddly. He even sat on the floor and played in the kitchen while I made dinner.
We had Lillian's first birthday party to attend yesterday, and aside from a bad moment with some birthday horns, he had a great time there, too. I had a wonderful time, too. It's hard to believe it was
a year ago that I held little 4 pound Lillian on my pregnant belly while Finn kicked away like he was saying hi to her.
 |
| Lillian 1 year, Finn 8 months |
But really, overall there was nothing amazingly special about this weekend. But somehow everything worked so well, it was just perfect.
Too bad I had to go to work today and that ruined all my good energy from the weekend. I hate coming home in a bad mood. I'm going to have to find a way to avoid that in the future.
So glad to hear about the MRI; that's wonderful news. Cute pic of Finn! Sorry work was a drag - maybe you could create a Mr. Roger's like routine to transition from work to home and release work energy?
ReplyDeleteSo nice to have those reviving relaxing weekends!! SO glad to hear things continue to look up for Finn! I can't get over how cute he is :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad our boy is doing well and that you are feeling less worried. I'm sorry that work is such a soul crusher. :-( Hopefully you will find some ways to transition home without bringing it all with you. When you do, share them with me. :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy to read this post! I'm so glad that you're feeling so much better and Finn just keeps on getting healthier and healthier. :) What a great way to spend your weekend.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great weekend!! I'm very glad you're able to have less worry in your life.
ReplyDeleteSo glad everything is going well!
ReplyDeleteHe is sooo freaking cute, I can't take it! That face is just adorable! I am so glad he is happy and has a great mom like you!
ReplyDeleteAhh...way too cute in his party hat. I am so glad you and Finn had a lovely weekend.
ReplyDeleteI am new to your blog! Your little boy is adorable. I am glad to hear that you had a nice weekend and you are able to feel a little less worry after this latest MRI.
ReplyDelete