![]() |
So instead of a contemplative post, all I have the energy for is a post about my latest news: I've decided to move. After all that work I did on my condo last year to make it ready for baby, it's just not big enough. There's no way I can sell in this market, and I can't rent it for what I pay on my mortgage every month, so I was pretty sure I was stuck. Until I had the (very belated) brilliant idea that I could rent out my place for the same amount that I could rent a decent house for. Last week I contacted my relator friend to ask her if this was even a possibility, and today we went to look at houses!
The first house was one I was already in love with after looking at it online, and when I walked in, I knew it was perfect. An open floor plan, bright and sunny with lots of storage space, a tiny yard and a huge porch off the master bedroom. Which means, of course, that when we called the listing agent she said, "Oh, we already have two very qualified applicants, so sorry."
The other place we looked at was horrible, and we couldn't look at the third place I wanted to see. I've spent the past hour looking online at homes to rent, and while there are plenty out there, I don't really like any of them, but there are a few for sale that I love. Stupid economy.
I have picked out a few houses I might want to look at next weekend, and I'm hoping there will be some new places listed this week. I've also spent a lot of time the past week decluttering as much as possible, getting my place ready for showing. My relator thinks I could have the place rented out within the next 30-45 days. Let's hope I find somewhere to live before then!
A part of me wonders if I'm crazy, adding more stress and work to my life. But I really think this is something I have to do, especially since I'm planning on TTC #2 this year.
Because despite the crying and the snot and the exhaustion, it's all worth it.
ETA: I just talked to my sister. She told me that in his prayers tonight, my nephew D asked, "Please send Aunt Shannon a big house with plenty of good food." I love that boy.













I think it sounds like a great idea. You're still building equity and you have the space you need. Go for it.
ReplyDeletePoor baby. I hope he feels better soon.
You are good at knowing what you want and going for it. Hopefully you will rent your place and find the perfect house to rest soon. Hope our boy feels better soon.
ReplyDeleteYou truly amaze me with your energy. I read "teething baby with a cold" and thought to myself "she must be so exhausted!" and then I went on tower about the impending move!! Girl you go, color me impressed.
ReplyDeleteVery creative idea! Isn't it amazing how the walls can close in on you quickly after having a baby? They NEED so much (characterizing all of the adorable toys as NEEDS of course!) and need space to run around too. Something will pop up, go for it!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how big he is getting! So cute! I hope you are able to find a place soon!
ReplyDeleteOh, that is precious of your nephew!
ReplyDeleteStress aside, it is the perfect time for a new place especially because you're contemplating #2. You'll need the room more than ever.
We're in a similar position in that we're contemplating #2 but really need a bigger place. I'm not sure if we can afford a bigger place and not sure if we want to postpone #2 so we're kind of waiting and seeing because whatever will happen will usually be a catalyst for what needs to happen.
Snot bubbles & teething baby have been my life lately too!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea about renting a house! I hope the perfect one falls into your lap soon.
Oh my garsh! Finn just keeps getting more adorable and I love his T-shirt!
ReplyDeleteI think you're smart to be considering the renting thing - in this economy it is just about the only workable option. My cousin is thinking of doing same thing, but downsizing to somewhere smaller while renting out her house. Good luck & Happy 200th!
He could model at BabyGap. He is that cute!
ReplyDeleteWe rented our city condo and rented a house. We got really lucky and the people renting it decided to buy it! Maybe that will happen?
Thinking good thoughts for you and your house search...