![]() |
| Happy Birthday Mom! |
But then I realized that I'm looking at things in completely the wrong way. When I look back on my life over just the past 10 years, it's amazing how full and vibrant it has been. It didn't go the way I anticipated, but in some respects it's been better than I ever thought possible; I can honestly say I have really lived my life. And this year, for the first time, I'm having a birthday as a mom - the best birthday present I could have ever received.
When I think about all the excitement and joy (and challenges and stress) to come in the next 10 years, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to find myself continuing to experience a life well lived. I might be older than I'd like to be, but that doesn't necessarily mean the end is near. How can it be, when the best part of my life is just starting?
(And it'll probably get even better, as soon as I figure out what it is that I'm eating that's giving Finn so much gas.)













Happy Birthday, Shannon!!! Enjoy the next decade and beyond.
ReplyDeleteJot down all your food intake everyday for the next few days and see if the gas decrease/increase so you can pinpoint the culprit. Maybe the milk you are drinking. Maybe chocolate...
Also after you burp him, you can rub his tummy a bit. If he's having wet burp (milk coming out of his mouth), keep him upright after burping.
Finn is adorable.
Happy Birthday. Okay, your kid is awesome.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday! LOVE the pic of Finn, what a cutie!
ReplyDeleteHappy B-Day.
ReplyDeleteWhen I turned 40 I tried to figure out what it means and how I got there. Then I realized I couldn't fathom all those years and that it's just a number to mark the passing of time, but it really didn't make a difference to who I was.
Finn is adorable.
Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteHappy, Happy Birthday, Shannon! Great post - enjoy this wonderful start to the greatest part of your life!
ReplyDeleteHappy happy birthday! And how cute is that baby?
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday, Shannon!
ReplyDelete(The picture of Finn is precious.)
What a great way to spend your birthday (with a beautiful baby boy. Have a happy one!
ReplyDeleteVery Happy 40th to you, Shannon!
ReplyDeleteWhat a treat to enter your new decade as a mom. I'm about 3 weeks from my 41st b-day, and 4 weeks from my EDD, so just a bit ahead and behind you.
Finn looks amazing!
Tara
Happy Birthday!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! I think you have a lot to look forward to in this next decade of your life! I'm only 32, but looking back on it so far, 29 was my worst year. I spent so much time stressing about turning 30. And once I actually got there, I stopped worrying about it. I'm going to try to keep that attitude for 39, too. sounds like you already have the positive attitude, though.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! What a precious birthday gift!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Happy Birthday - I feel sure that this new decade will only continue to bring you wonderful things.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to you, Shannon. My birthday gift to you is my gratitude. I am so grateful to have found your blog. It's given me hope that one day, I, too, will become a mother.
ReplyDeleteFinn is freaking adorable! I just want to eat those cheeks!
Happy birthday, Shannon! I know that 40 is going to be a good year for you. :-)
ReplyDeleteThat picture of Finn is soooo cute! He looks older than he is, probably b/c he's so big. Happy Birthday! I'm right behind you, my 40th is in August. Whenever I start to dwell on my age I think of it this way - I'm younger today than I'm ever going to be again, so might as well be happy and enjoy it!
ReplyDelete-Claire (not sure why having trouble signing in!)
Happy Birthday!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat an absolutely adorable photo of Finn!!! You should submit it to the Gerber baby contest!!!
Happy Birthday Shannon! And that photo of Finn is AWESOME. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday! And that IS an awesome photo.
ReplyDeletehappy birthday!!!
ReplyDeleteand what a precious photo!
did you take it? or was that from your baby photo shoot? can't wait to see those, btw!
Happy Birthday Shannon!! I can't think of a better way to bring in a new decade than with the new love of your life (although he could do mommy a favor and sleep normal hours)!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Your son is so adorable! Yay :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Welcome to the 40 club!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Shannon!! What a darling picture!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Mom! And you're right, best way to spend a birthday, getting to finally be a mom that you have dreamed about :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to 40! I love your reflection on this new decade and I have a feeling your 40s will be even more blessing filled than your 30s.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Shannon! I hope you had a truly wonderful day with lots of baby kisses and cuddling.
ReplyDeleteGabby
Happy Birthday!!! I hated turning 30 as well, but now I've been thoroughly enjoying my 30's too. I hope your 40's will be even more amazing with your adventures just starting with Finn! He is seriously the cutest!!! That picture made me smile :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Happy (o.k very belated) Birthday!!
ReplyDeleteHow fantastic to celbrate a first birthday as a mum :-) [I had my first birthday as a mum just a few days before your.. yes, another gemini]
And I love very much your end note (I might be older than I'd like to be, but that doesn't necessarily mean the end is near. How can it be, when the best part of my life is just starting?) because I'm thinking all the time how old I'm becoming and about Butterfly having an old mother.. and yes, thinking a lot about me dying one day soon.. so change the tune! how can the end be near when the best part of my life is just begining? :-)