I laughed, rubbed my stomach and said, “Only if he has a thing for pregnant women!”
She was all excited to hear I’m pregnant, offered me happy congratulations and then said, “Do you still have a relationship with the father?”
Remember that post last week about sharing the news at work? Well, I forgot everything I wrote, and instead the words that came out of my mouth were, “Oh, I have no idea who the father is.”
Really.
I said that.
So then I had to explain, laughing at my own stupidity, while feeling my face turn bright red, “I mean, I used an anonymous donor; I went to a doctor to get pregnant.”
Luckily, my patient has a sense of humor! And she likes Jennifer Anniston, because she referred to her statements when telling me how great she thought my decision to become a choice mom was.
**********
I have an OB appointment tomorrow morning, and in preparation I weighed myself today, so I could be shocked by the weight on the scale in private. According to my scales, and my somewhat faulty memory of what my last weight was, I think I’ve gained 4 pounds this month. Which is less than I expected, considering my recent milkshake cravings and the overeating that comes along with the holidays.
Now that I think about it – I’m more than a little constipated now, too. What are the chances that I’ll get relief from my constipation before my weigh in tomorrow? Because I’m sure I’d lose at least 2 pounds if I could just poop.












Oh my, that made me laugh out loud!
ReplyDeleteOkay, I had to laugh, too!
ReplyDeleteFunny!!! I can relate to patients playing matchmakers. Today, one of my patients told me that he would like to set me up with his friend who is a cardiologist who is in his 60's. Yikes!! I'll pass. I want to be changing baby's diapers not my husband's.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I was at a party last week and met a SMC with a 8 month old. She told everyone that she had the baby on her own. Nobody asked for details.. but when she left, one of the guests asked "so, who is going to be the baby's father?".
LOL!! I know that feeling - I'm not pregnant or constipated and I still think that.
ReplyDeleteA single Orthopaedic Surgeon?? I do not believe it! They do not stay that way for long. (As an aside: Have you seen that YouTube cartoon Ortho vs Anaesthesia? It had me in tears. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0S5EN7-RtI )
ReplyDeleteThis post made me laugh also, the best laid plans huh? As for Jennifer Aniston, at 41y I think she should just get on with becoming a SMC, what is she waiting for?
Thanks for your comment on my blog Shannon, I loved the dating story! You appear to be anything other than picky if they are your only criteria. I have reached the stage where I am now picky. Very picky. Why would I want to settle at this point in life? ;-)
Yep, you have me ROTF over here too!
ReplyDeleteLOL ;)
ReplyDeleteOMG, too funny!
ReplyDelete& I hear you on the constipation...the only benefit of it for me is that I don't have much of an appetite.
Constipation is my foe too - been battling it with apple juice, high fiber and peaches. I love your patient - why do we forget all our well thought out explantions.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteEdited to fix typos...
ReplyDeleteThat remeinds me of when I was crossing the border back to Canada from the US and the guard asked me where the father was. I was so tempted to say, I don't know, I've never met him. However, knowing they have no sense of ha ha, I said I'm the sole custodial parent and handed over my paperwork. I have used that line on other people, and then the look comes, and then the explanation begins. As for the poop issues, Welches Prune Juice does wonders.
Hahahahahaha! I think that was possibly the best response ever!
ReplyDeleteThis is hilarious! Also-thanks for the link. I'm going to check it out.
ReplyDelete