Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A New Plan

I had my follow-up with my RE yesterday – an appointment officially scheduled to make sure I was recovered from surgery, but was actually a chance to come up with a plan of action for next time.  And so here’s the plan - I have to wait at least 6 weeks after my D&C, and as soon as AF comes after that (and is “normal”), I can get started again.  I was hoping he would say as soon as AF comes, whenever that is, I can get started again, but I think a little longer delay is the right thing.  I’m still not able to listen to my “Visualizing Pregnancy” meditation, and I should, at the very least, be recovered enough to want to listen to that particular meditation before I’m ready to start TTC again!  I’m getting closer to being able to listen to it – but just not quite yet.

As for the rest of the plan, he wants to increase my Gonal-F for the next try, as he thought only 1 of my 2 good follies was really a contender last time.  I did prove that it only takes one egg, but we’d like to make sure that I have at least one GOOD egg next time.  He also (very diplomatically) pointed out, I’m not getting any younger, so we’re only going to try two IUIs, and if those don’t work, we’re going to regroup and talk IVF. 

Ok, just writing all down has me starting to get a little excited.  And a lot relieved.  I’m going on vacation next week, and was really starting to worry that I’d get AF while I was gone.  And now, if I do, it’s ok.  *huge sigh of relief*  I’d also been thinking of taking a long weekend by myself somewhere beachy for the 4th of July, and now I can go ahead and book something instead of waiting until the last minute.  *another huge sigh of relief*

When I was TTC the first time, I was always setting time limits – I need to be pregnant by Mindy’s baby shower, I need to be pregnant by the time my sister’s baby is born – I couldn’t help myself, but in retrospect, it really added to my stress level.  Even so, I was already finding myself doing the same thing all over again this time.   My RE putting a little unexpected delay in there seems to have cured me of that.  As I was driving back to work after my appointment, I suddenly realized that all the wishing and wanting and need to’s in the world won’t make it happen.  It’ll just happen, and all I can do is take care of myself and follow doctor’s orders to help it out. 

I really like this new Zen-like approach to thinking about my fertility.  I hope it sticks around!

3 comments:

  1. Here from LFCA. Welcome to the ALI community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're healing, we know it's slow going. Enjoy your fertility "vacation" as well. It can be a relief to be away from the whole thing. Best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the zen-like approach...you'll be nice and rested and relaxed for when you try again...enjoy your time off.

    ReplyDelete