Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Waiting for AF

 No one tells you that the whole process of  TTC is all about AF.  Either waiting for her to start, or hoping she’ll stay away, no matter where you are in your cycle, it's all focused on AF.  I’ve spent the past two weeks hoping she’d hurry up and get here, because the sooner she came, the sooner my next period would start.  And my first period that starts 6 weeks (or later) after my D&C is the one that I can start TTC again. 

But here it is, 5 weeks since my D&C, and no AF.  Which means if AF holds off another 6 days, I can start as early as next week!  And that has me really excited (and a little nervous).  I’m trying to keep that excitement a low simmer right now, because AF really can come any day, but I’m really hoping I’ll luck out this time. 

I’ve spent the past day and a half convinced that AF was on her way, due to some lower abdominal achiness.  Until I realized that I ache all over everywhere, thanks to Monday morning’s super hard workout.  So maybe AF isn’t about to appear, maybe all I’m feeling is the result of a good workout.  But if she coming this week, she needs to hurry up and get here.  Because starting on Friday or Saturday would be just mean. 

It’s madness, trying to analyze everything my body is feeling; it’s almost as bad as the 2ww.  I’ve had to use a lot of restraint to not talk about this with my coworkers today, I know they really don’t want to hear about my periods.  But luckily I have the blogging world and discussion boards where I can share all – I really don’t know how choice moms that aren’t part of the online community do it when they’re TTC. 

5 comments:

  1. Here's hoping AF stays away for at least 6-7 days!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! And I agree- I am so thankful for this blogging community I needed and still do need to vent- and look up information ALL the time- its nice to part of a community even if it is virtual! Maybe someday we will have a Choice Mom convention day or something! :)

    madrecita
    showyouramor.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly how you feel...when I was waiting, I thought I'd never get my period again! It was almost worse than the 2ww!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really nailed it on the love/hate relationship with AF! It's such a "hurry up and wait" process. Today is Day 1 of my 2ww...

    It's funny, I've not told but a few close friends (and after my BFN told them I was going to stop sharing, which I have) but putting it out here in cyberspace through blogging and communities is therapeutic.

    Good luck with your AF timing, Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HEre's hoping for an AF-free weekend!

    ReplyDelete