Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Musical Therapy

Despite my zen-like attitude last night, I still had a crappy day yesterday.  Nothing in particular went wrong, it was just one of those days that made me feel very sad.  And so I didn't sleep well last night, and was grumpy all day today.  Until I met my friend Colette for wine and cheese before going out to hear Harry Connick, Jr.

And wow.  Move over, Bradley, because Harry has taken your place in my heart!  There is no experience in my life to compare to seeing (from 9 rows back) Harry gyrate and wiggle his ass on stage.  Oh, and he's also an amazing musician - and he's funny and able to roll with the punches as the audience gets crazy. (And it did get crazy!)

He played a lot of my favorite songs, a few that I'd never heard before, and a few he'd never played in concert before.  Me and the old guy next to me were boppin' in our seats in time to the music, and Colette and I were trying to contain ourselves as Harry did his sexy stuff onstage.

There's nothing like a good friend, good wine and two hours of great music and laughter to brighten a gloomy day.

Here's just one of the songs he did tonight - one of my all time favorites, and very appropriate for me right now.


Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by
If you smile, through your fear and sorrow
Smile, and maybe tomorrow
Youll see the sun come shining through for you

Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
Thats the time you must keep on trying
Smile, whats the use of crying? 
Youll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile


5 comments:

  1. I was actually swooning as I read your post! He is the original McDreamy. Even though your day started off not so great, I'm so glad you were able to end your night with him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been a huge Harry Connick Jr fan but have never had the pleasure to see him in concert...lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, there is just something quite delightful about Harry, isn't there? And what great seats you had! I'm not jealous, I'm really not. Well, not *much* at least. Sounds like a great evening and just what you needed! I'm hoping to get lucky at Michael Buble in a few weeks and to be able to enjoy *his* delightful ass shaking gyrations. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Move over, girl, cauze you have to share Harry with ME! I LOVE him! HOT HOT HOT! Sounds like the perfect antedote to your crumby day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how I love Harry! He's handsome, talented, funny, sexy, and he's from Louisiana! Can't beat that combination in my book. :)

    ReplyDelete