| It's definitely a BOY! |
Chimi was bouncing all over everywhere, though, so it wasn't long before I forgot about my disappointment and was oohing and ahhing over the perfect little fingers and toes, the adorable profile (which, even at 16 weeks reminds me of Finn's), the beautiful 4 chambers of the heart, and that breath taking view of the spine.
Everything looked great, he was healthy and wonderful, which was a huge relief to see. I do have a partial placenta previa, but I did with Finn, too, and it resolved by 20 weeks, so hopefully this will do the same. I go back in 5 weeks for a fetal cardiac echo (now recommended for all IVF babies) and to check on the previa. The MFM is also going to do a little research on neuroblastoma, and while she agreed with everyone else that it's not an inherited thing, she also understands that this will be a constant worry in the back of my mind. So she's going to see if there are any references for identifying those tumors in utero so that they can be sure to look in the right places, and help reassure me that all is well.
This morning Finn told me he didn't want a baby sister any more, he wanted a baby brother. This afternoon he said that he didn't want a baby brother, either. "I want a baby Chimichanga!"












Congrats on baby BOY #2!!! I bet the two of them will have so much fun together, and Finn will be a great big brother!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! And don't feel bad about the initial disappointment. I may be in your shoes in a few weeks. I know once our boys (?) are here we won't believe we ever wanted anything else.
ReplyDeleteI've been stalking your blog all day! Congrats on a healthy baby boy! I think having a brother is a great thing for Finn.
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS! My two older boys are 2 years apart almost to the day and they were thick as thieves growing up! (And arch enemies too depending on the day!) it's a blast raising boys!
ReplyDeleteAt least you already know how awesome little boys can be! Congratulations on a healthy ultrasound and boy #2!
ReplyDeletecongratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on a healthy baby, and I'm also sorry you didn't get what you wanted, gender-wise. But... I bet Finn will love having a little brother. They'll get into all sorts of mischief together! Glad all is going well with your pregnancy.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! All such wonderful news!! I feel for you in your initial disappointment, particularly about your concern that they will look different. Anytime we use donors, it's a thought that I think we all understand. I keep reminding myself anyway, that they are each independent people that have their own look... no matter how they genetically got it. Anyway, rambling!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats again!! So excited for you and Finn! :)
Congratulations!!! I remember crying quite a lot when finding out I was having boy #2….but now I am thankful every single day for brothers. So glad to hear for a healthy little guy!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! Awesome news!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to you on the male chimichanga!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on a healthy baby Shannon! And I know that disappointment all too well. I now can't imagine my life without my sweet baby boy!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessing. Being disappointed is understandable, but Finn is going to have a little brother to play with, and love and be the most awesome big brother. And you are going to have another amazing beautiful son. a healthy son. Congrats to you and Finn :) Now for the name picking!
ReplyDeleteA baby boy, congratulations!!! If I could have chosen, I would have picked a boy for #2 (well, for #1 too, actually!). I didn't care really, but that is what I would have picked. You're right in that once he is here -- and perhaps as soon as the news sinks in-- you won't be able to imagine it any other way. I love having two girls and I think I would feel the same with 2 boys-- just the thought that maybe they will be closer and be able to identify with one another better.
ReplyDeleteA boy! Finn will have so much fun with a little bro. I would have felt similarly, in wanting to have both genders, but from what people say (and what I imagine), it's going to be really fun to have two of the same gender. So glad Chimi is healthy!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! You initial disappointment is totally understandable, please don't be hard on yourself about it tho it sounds like you're not. Two boys will be awesome!!
ReplyDeleteI agree with the others - once you know this boy, you won't be able to imagine it any other way. I am glad you have a healthy baby. Knowing the sex makes it so much more real.
ReplyDeleteAbout the circumcision, I am Jewish, so we had a bris when J was 8 days old. We put a numbing cream on his skin, K held him during the procedure, and I picked him up right after. I can't imagine doing it in a hospital where the baby is strapped down and isn't brought out to the mom until later!
Well congrats!
ReplyDeleteI do understand the disappointment. I was glad to have a girl first, on that score.
I have to say that for me I feel like having kids of "opposite" genders has emphasized Tiny Boy's differentness...not only is he the only boy in the house, he's also not genetically related to me or LG. Just my two cents :)
Congratulations! Another precious little boy! I know that Finn is going to be an amazing big brother!
ReplyDeleteA boy! I hope Finn and Chimi will grow up being the best of buddies and brothers.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on another sweet baby boy!! :) Just my 2 cents on the circumcision thing, if you don't want to have Chimi circumcised, don't. The boys don't need to be the same. To be honest, they probably won't even notice until they are quite a bit older and then you can explain why you chose not to have Chimi snipped.
ReplyDeleteI love that Finn calls him Chimichanga.
ReplyDeleteAnother BOY! YAY! Congrats to you!! I love having 2 boys, but you already know that!
ReplyDeleteWhy do they require cardiac echo for IVF babies?
Ccongratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteI think two boys will be lovely - and you can save money on all the hand me downs too!
ReplyDeleteWonderful! Finn will be such a great big brother. :-)
ReplyDeleteCongrats, I was a little "nervous" when I found out I was having two boys but obviously the happiness of an adorable little guy took over. My son is named Finn too so I vote you have a Hudson next because that's my other guys name.....lol. My boys are actually twins and look absolutely nothing alike (one blonde hair blue eyes and the other brown hair and hazel eyes, one taller and leaner etc.). They are from my sister's eggs and husband's sperm so genetically the same (well you know what I mean) and couldn't be more opposite. I totally understand your concerns I get all paranoid when people tell me one of them looks just like me because I feel like I am lying when I don't immediately confess the circumstances surrounding their conception. Anyways, so happy for you and Finn, my boys love each other more than anything and I am sure yours will too!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you. Glad the ultrasound went well. Wishing you an uneventful pregnancy until the delivery!!!
ReplyDeleteHahahaha! I want a baby chimichanga too! So cute! I think the initial disappointment makes sense - you get your head set on something and it can take a few seconds to re-calibrate. But I think having 2 boys will be a blast, and I am so happy for!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to you and Finn!! A baby boy and a baby brother!! How awesome!!
ReplyDeleteYay for a boy! I understand how you are a bit disappointed, but I'm sure it will be great being a mother to two boys! And how cute is Finn!
ReplyDeleteI understand. When I found out I was having identical twins I knew it was going to be two girls or two boys, obviously not one of each and I had been hoping for girls. I was disappointed when I found out and during that ultrasound, but I also felt by then it was going to be boys. By the time I got home I was over it though. My fear with having another child one day would be having 3 boys though! lol Everything is meant to be though. You'll have big strong boys to take care of you one day. Congratulations!
ReplyDelete