Friday, July 5, 2013

Ultrasound #2

This morning's ultrasound was perfect. There was that moment when I held my breath as I could see what looked like an 8 week old fetus come into view, and then as the tech zoomed in, I could see the little heart beating away. I breathed a huge sigh of relief, and got a little teary eyed as the sound of the heartbeat filled the room. My RE was able to be there, so he narrated everything we saw, including the now much smaller yolk sac, the placenta, the clearly visible femur and arm buds, and then, as we were watching, the baby moved! Not much, just a little head wiggle, but it was so cool! 


I have the day off today, and so does Nanny M, so Finn had to come with me to my appointment. My friend Lisa met us and held Finn during the scan - he did say "Baby!" when watching the screen, but I'm sure he didn't really get what he was seeing. I'm holding off officially telling him "Mommy has a baby in her tummy" until my last ultrasound with my RE in two more weeks. Then I'll feel comfortable telling everyone. 

I figured that placental hormone production must have really kicked in this week, because my nausea went from icky to awful. Waves of fighting back throwing up, and just plain feeling awful. I wasn't quite sure how I could survive feeling that bad, then an OB friend suggested less drowsy Dramamine. Wow, does it help. It's supposed to last 24 hours, but seems like it only really lasts for about 12, but at least I can eat now. I don't feel well by any means, but this level of queasiness I can handle. 

RBA called just a little while ago and confirmed my theory on placental hormones when the nurse told me I can cut my estrogen patches down to 2 instead of 4 - which is lovely, as I hate taking those things off! It always hurts, and takes me a few minutes to steel myself to be able to remove each one. (I know, I'm a wimp.) I also get to decrease my Crinone from twice a day to once a day - also lovely since Crinone is just gross. Hopefully decreasing these hormones will also help my nausea so I can stop the extra medication. 

While we were at my RE's, we walked past the room where I had my IUI with Finn. Of course, I couldn't miss up a photo op, and so I took his picture standing just inside the room.


My computer is once again in the shop (but this time covered under warranty) so I'm posting this from my crappy work computer.  No idea what's up with the font on this post!

22 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a perfect u/s #2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a perfect ultrasound! Reducing Crinone is such a great thing! I am sure you are having a girl with all the nausea. Finn looks adorable as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think number #2 will also be a boy...cute pictures of your boys in this post! Glad to hear you found a little relief, hopefully it continues in that direction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hooray! congratulations on a cute little baby-shaped person in there! so thrilled for you and Finn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, congrats on a perfect second ultrasound!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Isn't it the best when you see/hear that heartbeat??? So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your great news!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome news! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hurray!!! They are both adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! I find myself holding my breath whenever I read these early pregnancy updates -- now that I know personally how on edge I was during that time. I'm so happy that everything is continuing to go well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay yay for another great ultrasound!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so pleased all was well - hope you can relax a bit now, and enjoy the nausea - try and see it as good sign

    ReplyDelete
  13. So relieved u/s 2 went well! Have been thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah for a wonderful u/s!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. yeah for the gorgeous gummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great moment!! I am glad it is all going so well and that the Dramamine helped!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations--what a wonderful picture! So glad all the news was good! Can't wait to hear more about this journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the picture of Finn!! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is the cutest uterine peanut I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have so been out of the loop and I hate that I missed the announcement of a new little baby! BUT...I am so incredibily happy for you!
    I saw from your US that you are going to the Womens Institute...I am moving my embies there and using them for my third FET! What a small world~
    You little man Finn is such a handsome little guy! I could just squeeze him.

    ReplyDelete