Monday, July 22, 2013

Bullet Post

I think this might be the longest I've gone without posting an update since I started writing this blog.  It's not that I don't have updates, I just have no time.  So here's a bullet update, with no whining or complaining.  (Well, not much.)


  • I had my third ultrasound last Friday, and Chimichanga still looks great!  I've been released to my OB...although getting an appointment with my OB has proved to be ridiculously difficult.  From refusing to let me keep my appointment last Tuesday ("What if something bad happens at your ultrasound on Friday and then we've done all that work for nothing?") to insisting that they get a full report from my RE - who doesn't do full reports, presumably because most people don't want DONOR EGG splashed all over their medical records.  I'm 11 weeks today and still don't have a new OB appointment scheduled.  At this point in my pregnancy with Finn, I'd already had my first trimester screening.  I miss my old OB.  I wonder if she'll break her ban on no more deliveries just for me?  (A girl can dream!)
  • Thank goodness I'm a doctor, because I've already been monitoring my blood pressure and blood sugar, and was able to get one of my partners to write me a Zofran prescription.  (Who needs prenatal care anyway?)
  • Zofran has worsened my constipation, but at this point, I don't care.  I can function during a good chunk of the day.  And sometimes even eat real food.  Well, protein and carbs.  Still no veggies.  :(  But still, I'm feeling better.  And that feels like a miracle right about now.
  • Finn is a funny kid these days.  One of his favorite phrases is "I like ____" or "Finn likes ____".  Recent examples:
    • "Mommy, what's that?"  "That's a mushroom."  "I like mushrooms." 
    • "Go up hill! Finn like hills."
    • "Want to eat On the Border. I like the border on there." 
    • "What's that, Mommy?" "Those are orca." "I like orca. Orca eat Happy Feet." 
  • I bought him a play kitchen and surprised him with it on Saturday morning.  Better than Christmas!  He is in love with his kitchen, and is very good at making applesauce, coffee, and refried beans with cumin.  Oh, and mac and cheese.  That's his favorite.
This week is a crazy week - out of town all day tomorrow to give a talk 3 hours away (I have a driver, so I'm watching a movie, and doing board review on the drive).  Work meeting one night and going to see Dave Matthews Band one night as a late birthday present from LB (will be taking an extra Zofran that day!)  I'd really rather just sleep the week away, but it doesn't look like that's an option.  

12 comments:

  1. so glad about you getting your Zofran! and that you can eat something again.

    can you get in to see some other OB in the meantime. like, pretend to pick a new person, but then switch once you get your screening done? isn't MaterniT21 done soon? (these fancy newfangled tests weren't around with my pregnancy).

    having a driver sounds pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always good to hear your news! Glad to know kitchen was such a hit - and that the Mama would buy this for her son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank God for zofran!!! I lived on it too. Glad to hear your'e doing okay and so is bebe! I hope you get an OB appointment soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, I would be getting a new OB. 11 weeks and no appointment? That's ridiculous. I also sang the praises of Zofran, at least in the really bad early weeks. The constipation did end up being absolutely horrible though and after a 12 day blockage, I couldn't take it anymore and gave myself an enema. That was an experience I will never share with anyone IRL. Ever. I bet this one is a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Protein and cheese is how I survived the first four months of the pregnancy. Aka mac and cheese?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the same diet I could muster as well except that I was obsessed with butter chicken. I think it was the ginger mixed in with the curry - Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ack, what are you going to do about the OB? How can they refuse to see you - that makes no sense? Good thing you are able to take care of yourself in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dave Matthews Band, I'm jealous. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would absolutely change OB's! That's terrible about not seeing you on Tuesday. I did not like the OB I had for my first pregnancy but by the time I finally admitted it to myself, it was too late to change doctors. When I was released from my RE during my second pregnancy, I immediately found a different practice.

    Best wishes to you--be well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bullets were a great idea. If I could find time to turn on my computer I would attempt bullets. Have a great snapshot into your life. You need someone to do the prenatal screening. I'm surprised your clinic doesn't do that for you before releasing you. Sounds like you have some e voting things coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad all is still well with Chimichanga! Hope you get in to see an OB soon. That's crazy that they wouldn't see you... What do they care, as long as they get paid?? Take some stool softener with the zofran - that helped me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like what I ate too!! Miralax was my savior!! Enjoy DMB....definitely worth popping an extra zofran especially if he sings Ants Marching!!!

    ReplyDelete