I wish I were creative enough, or funny enough to make a great baby shower post today. But I'm not, so this is probably going to be the lamest baby shower post ever. See, I had thought about mentioning the time Oak shared her experiences with olive oil and taint rubbing, which encouraged me to try it when well into my third trimester (it was only to later that she admitted she hadn't stuck with it either). But olive oil and taint rubbing isn't exactly festive baby shower talk. I then thought about writing a letter to She-Baby, telling her about how her mom is one of those fiercely loyal friends who you know has your back when you need her, and how she manages to find the humor in just about any situation. I thought about telling She-Baby how lucky she is to have Oak as her mom: life will never be boring in her house, and she will always know that her mommy loves her very much (even if she might let her get more scrapes and bruises than the average kid), and she's got a big brother who all her friends will have crushes on, ensuring she'll be wildly popular since they'll all want to come over to her house after school. But by the time she could read the letter, she'd already know all that.
So instead I have this boring little post, but just because it's boring doesn't mean it isn't heartfelt. Oak, we love you and we already love She-Baby, too! I just know that this birth experience is going to be perfect, and the coming year is going to be wonderful. Well, aside from the sore boobs and sleep deprivation, it's going to be wonderful.
I saw this onsie and thought it was the perfect one for She-Baby to wear all the time. Because really, there is no time that's a good time to be sober. At least not when trying to raise two kids under the age of two!
Happy Baby Shower!














Bahhaahaha. I love that onesie!! Its perfect. And your post was so sweet - ah jeez. I hope youre right about being a good mom to this kiddo, I'm a little worried I may have met my match in this girl! :)
ReplyDeleteMy taint post truly is one of those I re-read and am like "I put that on the interwebz?" I'm glad its one that sticks with you too. hahaha.
Thanks Shannon, now go give Finn a big kiss from me!