I did what any half asleep person would do - sat straight up in the bed, grabbed the cat and tossed him off the bed. Then realized that moving an animal in the midst of puking might not have been such a good idea. Finn woke briefly and moved around a bit as I felt on the bed for any puke that might have been spread while I moved Vagus - luckily there was none. I got down on the floor to make sure the cat was ok, and then crawled back into bed, relieved there was no puke on the bed.
But I was wrong. There was a nice pile of vomit...right underneath Finn's head.
As I picked chunks of cat food out of his hair while trying not to wake him, I was dismayed to learn that my poor housekeeping habits were probably to blame for the whole incident. It looks like it was sweet potato that Finn threw on the floor during dinner that made Vagus sick.
Two days. Just two days until vacation. Which reminds me, I haven't started packing yet....












Oh no...that sounds awful. I am sure you cannot wait to be on vacation.
ReplyDeleteYuck! Enjoy your vacation.
ReplyDeleteUgh! I'm just waiting for my dog to have one of her once yearly throw up in the bed episodes now that the baby's taken up residence there. Enjoy your vacation, you deserve it!
ReplyDeleteGross! I will say one thing that might make you feel better: at least he wasn't skunked. :-( Enjoy your vacation and let us know how Finn's scans go.
ReplyDeleteI've had that exact same experience of waking to teh sound of a cat puking on the bed. Ugh. Gross. But at least it wasn't Finn puking...
ReplyDeleteOnly one more day now.
ReplyDeleteWe've been in a sea of puke lately. And Gwinne is right--at least it wasn't Finn.
I hope you have a peaceful, ralexing, wonderful vacation!
xoxo
Gracious! I can't see anymore or I've become dyslexic--the word I botched is supposed to be "relaxing."
ReplyDeleteI can't stand that noise a cat makes before he pukes! My one cat Calvin pukes all the time and I have made the mistake of picking up a puking cat! GROSSSSSS! My other cat Runt NEVER pukes. He's too fat to let any food escape but I wish all cats were like that.
ReplyDeleteOh noooooo!
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a peaceful (and puke-free) vacation!
Ugh! What a way to wake up!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your vacation!!!
Oh yuck! The good thing is that Finn was still all snuggled up despite the vomit! ( I have a dog that insists on puking on the carpet, even after I have tried to hall her to the tile or outside...she always runs back to the carpet to finish the job!)
ReplyDeleteUgh! I am not a cat person at all and you just made me less of one! Have a great vacation - hope it is restful and rejuvenating!
ReplyDeleteI seriously cannot believe that I am NOT the only one who has been faced with a disgusting pet mess while exhausted. My dog once peed on my comforter and since I was so sleep-deprived from my still nursing-at-night baby, I slept under the blanket, finally washing it the next day.
ReplyDeleteI feel a little better after reading your post--thanks for sharing the good, the bad and the ugly!
How funny. I've had similar, but different experiences with the dog. I can't wait to add Ella to the mix! Have a fabulous vacation!! You deserve it!
ReplyDelete