Monday, February 13, 2012

Moving On Up!

I found a new home for me and Finn!

A week ago I drove through the neighborhood I wanted to live in, and just drove around.  I was about to leave, when I saw a "For Lease" sign in the front yard of a cute yellow house.  It took a week to arrange a time to see it, but when I walked in the front door I knew it was going to be the house for us. I'd never actually buy it, but it's perfect for us right now.

The downstairs has a nice open floor plan, and the kitchen is big enough for Finn to play on the floor, or even to have a little kids table there when he's older.  There are a lot of big windows, plenty of storage, the yard maintenance for the tiny yard is included, and it has 3 bedrooms.  It's not my dream home.  It's all carpet (which might be a good thing when he starts to learn to walk), the bedrooms are small and the bathrooms are tiny, there's no garage and the fridge is probably not big enough - I think I'm going to have to buy a new one.  But the best thing about it is the price - the monthly rent is significantly less than what I'll be getting in rent for my condo. I can put that money towards what I owe on my condo, so when the market improves in a few years, I can sell my condo and buy the absolutely perfect house for me.  (Ok, so we all know life NEVER goes according to plan, but at least this is a plan that has the potential to actually work out!)  

Now to find someone to rent my place!  We've had 6 showings in the past week, and two were really interested.  My realtor thinks we should have someone soon - I hope she's right.

I guess it's time to start thinking about movers.  Wow.  I can't believe we're really going to live in a HOUSE.  No more loud neighbors.  I can have a bird feeder again.  Finn will have a place to run around, and can actually have some riding toys (do they still make Big Wheels?) when he's old enough.  Woohoo!

20 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!! That is awesome news. Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific! Now let's hope that the housing market goes along with our plans. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! Sounds like a real step up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news - I suggest you hire lots of people to help you move - so You don't have to lift a finger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds perfect. I'm glad that you found an interim solution that will work while we wait the market out. I have movers that I used (5 years ago) that I would recommend; shoot me an email if you want their information. What's the timing for your move?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet! Also, carpet is good when things get dropped, less breaking - like remotes and phones and other real electronics that kids steal and drop. Kid toys are pretty indestructible. Carpet is harder to clean though and kids are messy - so, so messy. :)

    Congrats! Every home to me is temporary as we move along. Just important to be happy where we are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Tho I don't envy you having to pack & actually move ;) the house sounds perfect! I'm so glad you found a place, in a neighborhood you like & for the right price.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! I'm happy you found a place for you and Finn!

    ~SL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds absolutely perfect. I love yellow houses (mine is yellow too). I am sure you and Finn will enjoy the extra space and backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats and Good Luck!!! I hope the home is all you desire for you and Finn!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Is it in Hville? Want to see cute pics once you guys are settled! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! So glad you found a place! Good luck renting yours and getting ready for the move. I think they do still make Big Wheels.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! I'm glad you found a house to rent. What fun it will be for Finn to have a yard to play in!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy that you have found what you want for the time being. Hopefully, your current place will get picked up soon.

    Gabby

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay!! Congratulations!! That is wonderful news!!

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on the new house! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay for the great news!!

    (and sorry about the boy from the previous post)

    ReplyDelete