Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Overwhelmed!

Jacques' field tripI took this picture a few weeks ago while out with Finn and Heidi (yes, we had a baby in a bar).  It definitely sums up the way I feel these days.

This past weekend, Finn and I flew up to New York to surprise Heidi for her 40th birthday.  We had a wonderful time, which more than made up for the fact that Finn was not a happy traveler on the way home.  I would love to devote an entire post just to our wonderful weekend with Aunt Heidi, Aunt Mindy and Uncle Josh and oh-so-adorable-Cousin Anabel, but I just don't have time to even do it justice!

Somehow, I had it in my mind that the actual moving part of moving wasn't going to be that bad, since I'm lucky enough to have movers that are packing me up in addition to actually moving my stuff.  The packers (well, packer) has been here all week, and there are boxes everywhere.  But there's a lot of stuff I still have to do myself: packing things I don't want the packer to do like my bathroom and my drawers of financial papers, etc, pulling out clothes for me and Finn for the next few days, and disconnecting tv equipment so it can be packed.  And then there's the stuff I have to move myself: things in the fridge, my wine (I can't believe how much wine I have), cleaning stuff, and my super fragile things that are also very sentimental.

It's a lot to do in a week.  Especially when I have this pesky thing called a job that is taking up so much of my time.  But I have a wonderful nanny who will be taking care of Finn on Saturday while the movers are here, and has been helping out with getting things together and organized this week, and who will be a huge help once we're moved.  And I have friends who are coming to help this weekend, and hopefully next weekend, too, and then my parents will be here the following weekend.  So while it's all overwhelming, it will all get done, and I'll probably even have some fun while doing it as long as I don't let myself too crazy.

I didn't get around to notifying my internet provider that I'm moving until tonight.  And while I can get TV hooked up on Sunday, I can't get my internet back until next Thursday.  NEXT THURSDAY!    I could go without TV until Thursday, but going without internet? I'm not sure how I'm going to manage going without reading my blogs for that long.  I might have to take my computer to a restaurant with free WiFi during lunch next week just so I can check in and see how everyone's doing.  I'm already behind with the commenting, I'm going to be ages behind now!

And now it's almost 11pm.  It's amazing how easy it is to procrastinate with a blog entry.  I'm going to leave with a little pic spam, and I'll be back soon - hopefully before next Thursday.
Anabel giving Finn kisses

Finn discovering the joys of putting things in the toilet


12 comments:

  1. I get overwhelmed moving when it's just me. Good Luck! Annelise had her first trip to a bar last weekend, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your move!! It sounds like you have things well organized, even if you don't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the move!

    Aw, love baby kisses.

    Is that a boy thing? Laura was never into the toilet until she wanted to go. My nephew thinks it's a toy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to help you drink all that wine! Siiigh. I suppose its not to be. I'll help in spirit! Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't even move Elsie's stuff from one closet to another so I am impressed!!

    Elsie is also obsessed with the toilet too. She hasn't thrown anything but she splashes in the water... Yuck! And her favorite 'food' is toilet paper. Needless to say the bathroom door is closed now.

    Good luck with the move!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the move! I hate hate hate moving. Good thing you are fully stocked for a few wine breaks when you need them. Can't wait to hear about it after you are done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love the look on Finn's face in that last photo!!

    I don't envy you the craziness of moving but good call on hiring the packer!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hate moving but hope that the movers and Nanny M help you so no last minute hiccups. It will be worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That does sound overwhelming. Just think how awesome it will be when you're settled in to your HOUSE. Though I must admit you're making me glad that I recently decided to refinance rather than sell my house - staying put is certainly easier! Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're moving in already? LOL...time flies! Good luck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe you're moving in already!! I hope it all goes great! And that toilet picture was my greatest fear...my neighbors' kid put everything he could get his hand in into the toilet including all of her jewelry he somehow got hold of :( I put locks on mine as soon as Tate was mobile :) Makes for some funny moments when people are over visiting!! Hope work is calming down!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The good thing about moving is that is forces you to organize and purge.

    As for toilets: so glad it's not your toothbrush ending up in there!

    ReplyDelete