Friday, August 6, 2010

Follie Report

I've been calm about my chances of getting pregnant this entire cycle, probably because my thinking has switched from "can I get pregnant?" to "can I stay pregnant?"  I've also been religious about doing my meditations every night, and I'm sure that's contributed as well.  It's only been the last day that I've noticed any symptoms from the Gonal-F - more headaches, a little lower abdominal fullness and some irritability.

It was pretty busy in my RE's office this morning, but only one woman was there with her partner, the rest of us were alone. I like those mornings.  I didn't think I was nervous until I was sitting on the ultrasound table, and then I realized I was really afraid that we weren't going to see anything at all and this cycle would be canceled.

My ultrasound tech started with the right ovary, the one that is usually my workhorse that always produces the dominant follicle and usually all the other ones, too.  This time we only saw one little 12mm and two less than 10.  So we moved over the left, and I was shocked!  One 18mm, two 15 and 5 less than 10!  That's more than I've ever had, and if you do the math, actually more than my antral follicle count (of 7) suggested I'd get.  I'm so relieved; with my less than stellar response to Clomid and then to Femara plus lower dose Gonal-F, I was afraid that if I do have to move on to IVF, I won't get enough follies to be able to complete a cycle.  Now I know I will - if it comes to that.  The last good news is that my lining is a ripe, juicy 10, so I'm all good to go!

Libby called me a little while ago to let me know that my RE wants me to take my last Gonal-F injection tonight (conveniently, it's also the last I have in the pen).  I'll trigger tomorrow night and have my IUI on Monday morning at 10:30.  Two week wait, here I come!

14 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Glad it was some really good news for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I can't believe you only had to do 6 days of meds! (I had to do 10 days of Gonal-F last time) That's a really great response. I really hope this cycle works for you and STICKS this time. I'll be crossing my fingers for you on monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great report! Hoping all goes well on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very exciting!!! All sounds great! I'm very excited for you!! I'll be thinking of you Monday & sending good baby vibes your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome follies!! Fingers crossed this is it for you! Good luck on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Good luck! I am so lost with all the follicle and medication talk, but I'll get there soon enough. hehe. I learn so much from reading all your blogs. Anyhow, I'll be thinking of you come Monday and sending positive vibes your way. =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, what a fantastic response. I'm not on any meds this cycle, so I'm a bit behind you. I usually end up triggering around CD 18, but Monday (CD 13) I'll be going in for my own follie check, so we'll see where I am then! I'll be sending good vibes from my RE's office to yours ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the good follie count! Hope the 2ww flies by for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go LEFT ovary!!! Snuck up on you like an ovarian Ninja! Hurry up, Shannon, so we can be two week waiting together! Come on, Monday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great news. Go left ovary!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Luck! Ditto specialteach - Go Left Ovary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clearly, the left ovary was tired of not being the center of attention! Good luck tonight and tomorrow--every finger and toe crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How exciting! Fingers crossed and positive vibes flowing your way.

    ReplyDelete