Thursday, August 19, 2010

Final Circle and Bloom Review

Now that I'm near the end of my first 2ww with the fertility meditations by Circle and Bloom, I thought I'd give a quick update on my opinion, since I've listened to most of the meditations for the cycle.  For the most part, I really enjoyed them.  The relaxation part never fails to soothe me, but I've listened to them enough that I can actually stay awake and listen to the second part of the meditation, the part that focuses on where I am in a given cycle.  I really like the fact that there's a new mediation every day.  Not only does it keep it fresh, but it's also always right where I am in my cycle, so it's possible to focus on exactly what's happening in my body every night.  It's empowering, imagining follies growing or an embryo implanting, and relaxing, too.

I especially like the times during the 2ww where the meditation talks about negative feelings and fear.  There's a line in one of them that says something like, "negative feelings aren't going to hurt your growing embryo, but the repression of those feelings can be damaging.  So just let go."  That actually matched up with a conversation my friend Colette and I had after seeing "Eat Pray Love" last week, which made it even more powerful for me to hear it when I did.

I don't like that the meditation series I'm listening to is a combined medicated IUI/IVF cycle series, though.  I found the mentions of IVF jarring, since I'm hoping to avoid that completely, and that worked against my relaxation.  For that whole time between triggering, IUI and ovulation, the tracks just felt wrong - we weren't about to retrieve eggs from my follies, and no "bundle of cells" was about to be delivered to my uterus.  I didn't want to think about IVF, I wanted to be visualizing sperm fertilizing eggs.  I looked at the "natural cycle" meditation menu, and really wish I could have listened to some of those during that 3-4 day time period, but they're too expensive to buy the whole thing for just a couple of meditations.  So I listened to my AnjiOnline meditations on those nights.  I still don't like those anywhere near as much as the ones from C&B, but it was better than listening to IVF centered meditations for a few days.  As soon as I finish this post, I'm emailing C&B to give them my feedback - maybe they'll listen!

In my own fertility news, I POAS this morning.  Of course, it was a BFN.  I am only 10dpIUI, after all.  But I had to do it.  And now I won't POAS again...for at least another day or two.

(Bonus!  I just went to the C&B website and saw this post about a chance to win an iPad.  I'm totally linking this post to their contest! LOL)

7 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot of great things about the meditations, but I can only imagine how jarring the IVF stuff would be when you aren't there yet. I wouldn't want to hear it either!!

    I'm getting so excited for you lady! Hopefully the next one is a BFP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Circle and Bloom puts me to sleep. Waiting is so hard! I know! Hoping you're only waiting a few more days for that BFP!!! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the part you shared, "negative feelings aren't going to hurt your growing embryo, but the repression of those feelings can be damaging. So just let go." I get really frustrated when I talk about being scared & someone tells me not to be negative. Being scared & being negative are totally different things! Anyway, I can't wait to share that quote with a few people in my life.

    I know it goes without saying but don't worry about the BFN...I also POAS at 10dpIUI & got a BFN & look at me now!

    I'm hoping & praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for giving an honest review/feedback. I had looked at their site a while ago and while I'm still some time away before I can financially start ttc-ing, it's comforting for me to start looking at what's out there to help me out along the way now. (sorry for that terrible run-on sentence!)
    Hoping that your next POAS has some wonderful, news for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought the Circle and Bloom IVF/IUI meditations based on you "review" on an earlier post. I have only done the Pre Cycle session and I love them. I love the visualizations of water cleansing and healing your body so I can't wait to listen to them throughout my cycle and since I am doing IVF I hope they really help. Thank you for posting about them and I am praying you get your BFP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought the Circle+Bloom "regular" version and so far I really like them. Although they also put me to sleep, before the end, ever time!

    Come on BFP!!

    ReplyDelete