Last month, during the two weeks after ovulation, I did a little experiment on myself, and imagined that I was in the 2ww. I paid attention to every cramp, every ache, and every hint of nausea to see if there was anything that would suggest pregnancy. And of course, there were. Half the time the cramps turned out to be gas, and the heartburn was the burrito I had for lunch, but there were a few times where I thought I could almost convince myself I was pregnant. You know, if God decided it was time for the Second Coming.
The past few days I've had all those symptoms - sore breasts, lower abdominal cramping, heartburn - and it's hard to convince myself they're all just imaginary pregnancy symptoms. Because really, that's probably all they are; even if I am pregnant, it's much to early to really be able to tell anything. Which is why the two week wait thing really is just all about the crazy.













Shannon, I am right there with you on the crazy train! We're nine days out now. Hopefully the next few days will bring us both good news. Do you plan to test early or wait out the two weeks?
ReplyDeleteI am right with you but maybe my crazy train is zigzaging more because I took a pregnancy test this morning - I am only 8 days out - of course, it was negative. I was just too tempted but I think I will slow down my crazy train and concentrate on the start of the school year. I will try to wait until Saturday to test.
ReplyDeleteYeah, the 2ww is crazy making. I'm at the point that I've done enough cycles to know that my "symptoms" are always the result of progesterone and/or estrogen fluctuations and not pregnancy. Fingers crossed that you've got the real deal!
ReplyDeleteAs far as I'm concerned, there's nothing like the 2ww! I feel like I can endure any kind of waiting now that I've experienced it...I remember becoming hyper sensitive to every twinge, cramp, etc...hopefully all the crazy pays you off with a BFP!
ReplyDeleteThe post is so true. It's amazing how our mind can play all kinds of tricks on us or how we can convince ourselves of something we want so badly to believe.
ReplyDeleteBut I'm hoping that all of this craziness you're experiencing turns out to be the beginning of a wonderful experience.
The last half of the 2ww is the worst part, by leaps and bounds. And with every day it gets more and more difficult until I think of nothing else... it's the only time I can't wait to get out of the bed in the morning... so I can test! You're not crazy, you are completely NORMAL for these circumstances! It feels crazy though... Come on.... BFP!!!
ReplyDeleteCrazy train, crazy train.... only an IFer would understand. It's brutal. We're all here with you for the ride. Wishing for time to fly and that you see that BFP. I want a buddy for the ride.
ReplyDelete