Monday, August 23, 2010

14dpIUI

When I POAS yesterday, the line actually looked lighter than it did on Saturday.  So I was anxious when I POAS this morning, because I was afraid it might be gone completely.  It was still light, but it showed up at the same time the control line did, so I was feeling a little better when I went in for my beta this morning. 

When I walked in the receptionist said with a sad look on her face, "Oh, Shannon, are you here for CD3 labs?"  She literally whooped when I said, "Nope, I' m here for a pregnancy test!"  Libby, one of the nurses saw me in the waiting room, and when she later called me back she said, "I was so disappointed when I saw you in the waiting room, because I thought that meant you were here for CD3 labs - I was so happy when I saw 'pregnancy test' written on [in huge letters] on your check-in sheet!" and she gave me a huge hug.

She called a little while ago, and said, "Well, congratulations, you're definitely pregnant!"  "Just how pregnant am I?"  I'm so pregnant, my beta is 358!!!! 

It just goes to show, a line really is a line, no matter how dark it is (or isn't)!

24 comments:

  1. 358 is a great number!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have no idea what the numbers mean, but i'm so happy for you:)

    you must feel on top of the world...

    keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS!!!! Such awesome news!!! Like Princess Andy, I have no idea what those numbers mean, but they are obviously good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! And you didn't get a positive until 12dpo?! I have to say that turns my world completely upside down, as I've been convinced that without a positive HPT at 10dpo a cycle was doomed to a chemical pg at best. Wow. Wow. Wow. Congratulations!!!

    p.s. has anyone else used the word 'multiples' yet?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gwinne - using the First Response Early Results, only "63% in one study had a positive result" at 10dpo. There are LOTS of people who don't get a positive HPT until 14-15dpo/IUI!

    My RE didn't say multiples, but my friend with twins and my OB friend both have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such wonderfully fantastic news. Again Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shannon, yeah, I know. I've got messy logic from putting together too much barely scientific reading and personal experience! Having had a positive HPT with a beta of only 17, though, my assumption has always been that FANTASTIC beta pregnancies like yours would unquestionably show up by 10dpo (given that an average beta is around 25). Anyway.... congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!!! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shannon, I'm so extremely happy for you! I know that hearing that great number makes your heart just flutter and skip a beat. I'm hoping that I will be able to blog something just like this in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YIPPEE!!! 358 is AWESOME!!! You are definitely preggers! I'm so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is great! Mine is a bit lower than yours...but we will see what is going on in there at the u/s in a few weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay!! I first saw this news while watching a movie over the weekend (in a theater) it was hard not to whoop!

    358 is an awesome early number, and its so encouraging that the BFP came up 2 days earlier than the last time! The betabase.info website is back up, so you can play with it.

    Btw, I've finally gone and done what I thought I'd never do, and start a blog. Its a LOT of work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an AMAZING beta!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great number! Yep, a line is just a line. Scary as a light one is. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOO-HOO!! I LOVE THOSE NUMBERS!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful! Congrats! That's a great number.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!!!!! It's your time, Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic news, Shannon! So happy to hear it and hoping for more and more good news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. HOLY BETA!!
    So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so excited for you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete