Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Easy and Tough

I swear, my kids seem to take turns being easy going and being tough...which I guess is a good thing, because it would be pretty rough right now, with both of them being in a tough phase.  Finn had a rough day at school today, and has had a rough go of it overall the past few weeks.  But today, I'm going to focus on Zachary, and save rough and tough for another day.

Zachary is such a busy boy.  When he is awake he is grabbing for something, playing with something or trying to get attention by making funny noises.  He's working on feeding himself puffs, but today got tired of trying with his hands, and so he put his face down on the highchair tray and ate them that way.  He laughs easily, even when he's sad.  He likes every food he's tried, except for avocado, which he loved when he first had it (blended with breast milk) but now that I'm giving it to him just mashed up, he's making the yucky face.

He has been sitting up on his own since early July, and has really gotten good at it, though he still topples over from time to time, which has prompted Finn to routinely surround him with every pillow and blanket in the house, so he won't get hurt when he falls.  He's struggled with rolling over though, and I swear, the first time he did, the entire house shook.  He's getting good at it and always giggles when he lands on his back.  At this age, Finn was rolling back and forth with ease, but was a lot less steady with sitting up; it's funny how different they are.

This week was fun with the pictures of the day - my best shot was captured just because I had my camera out and ready to go.
8/27/14: Zachary's nest in the kitchen

8/28/14 - oh the rolls!

8/29/14: and his nest in the bathroom (clearly he loves it)

8/30/14: I had a couple of great ones for today but this one won - asleep by the lake at our greenway

8/31/14: trying out the mesh feeder for the first time (bananas!)

9/1/14: I walked into the playroom to see this scene - sweetest picture ever

9/2/14: I really don't like any pictures of me these days, but I'm trying to embrace the idea of being in the picture at least some of the time, so this is Z's picture for today
  

10 comments:

  1. The photo from 9/1 is seriously what I'm thinking about when I'm getting frustrated about TTC. I dream of a picture just like that with my kids someday....now if only life really was always moments like that! It is wonderful that the boys love each other so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo for the 1st is ridiculous cute! Absolutely precious! I hear you on the pics of yourself, I don't like photos of me either but think E will probably like to have them down the road. My trick is I hide behind her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister and I always took turns being the good kid. That's the best time to cash in with parents (as a kid). I wonder if it's something innate in siblings. We also were never challenging at the same time because we got in trouble worse than on our own.

    Love those happy faces! It makes me giggle because our boys have a lot of matching clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The boys are beautiful!!! I love seeing them develop every week. I'm glad you are getting into the pictures. There has been so much recently about "invisible moms" and how moms need to be in pictures for the kids' sake. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just adore your sweet boys! And I love the image of Zachary going straight for the puffs without any middle-man hands. Maris has never been big into rolling over -- she did it a few times to prove she could do it, but she's always been about sitting up and now moving. Even these days, if she tips back onto her back, she'll struggle and struggle, trying to do a sit-up to get up, instead of taking half a second to roll onto her side and get up that way. It makes me SO curious to have a second and see how s/he does things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your pictures! I do not get in enough pictures either. I much prefer to take them! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you look great too - so relaxed and happy! Just the kind of mom any kid would want, and that your kids are so lucky to have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zachary certainly does look pretty happy in his nests! I'm glad your boys at least switch off being easy and tough right now. I enjoyed your previous post about Finn's first day of school so I'm sad to hear he had a rough day. I hope that things get better for him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look amazing Shannon! And your boys are just so precious. I'm sorry Finn's having a rough time with school. Hang in there! I'm sure his teacher(s) will have some ideas on how to help him feel more acclimated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the family pic but, yes, the 9/1 photo is the sweetest ever!

    ReplyDelete