Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Moving Craziness

The packers are coming tomorrow morning to pack up everything, the Got Junk people are coming to take away a few things that I'm not moving and can't get a charity to come pick up (and don't have time or energy to try to sell) and Nanny M will be here coordinating all of that while I'm at work.

I wanted to have everything organized so that it would be easy for the movers to pack me up, and easy for me to unpack.  I do have a few things boxed and well organized, like nursing stuff, maternity clothes and my bathroom stuff.  But I still have about 3 hours of work left to do to get everything done that I wanted to get done.  As it's 10:30pm and I'm exhausted, that's just not going to happen, and I'm feeling so overwhelmed by that fact that I can't seem to do anything.  Which is why I'm blogging instead of working.

Time to focus! The reality is that whatever I don't get done tonight will still get packed by the movers anyway, it just may take me longer to find it when unpacking; I have a few friends coming to help me this weekend, but even if I were perfectly organized now, I would still not get everything unpacked before the baby comes, and, most importantly, I will be able to take a shower on Saturday morning, brush my teeth and have something to wear and to eat, as will Finn.

Now if I can just get Finn to stay in his bed, and my cat to stop annoying me with her irritating meow, I might be able to be productive long enough to get the bare essentials done and then go to sleep.

As soon as I sign off, I'm disconnecting my cable and internet so I can return everything to the cable company tomorrow, and as it is currently scheduled, I won't have service again until late next week.  I hope to be able to check in, but if I don't, it's not because of some disaster (well, I hope not, anyway!)

Have a good week, everyone!

10 comments:

  1. Good luck on your move! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending lots of luck for your move! It's stressful but it will be so great to be in your new place. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on the move, I hope it all goes smoothly! Just think, this time next week you will be settled in and enjoying your brand new home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your move!!!

    Even if you are disorganized, it will all be okay. Even the most organized move in the world is chaotic. Thank goodness you have Nanny M -- she will be very useful, I'm sure!

    Will she be around while you are on maternity?

    I just saw from your widget that you only have about a month to go with Chimi!!! How exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! I hope everything goes smoothly and surprisingly easily for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope all went well with your move! Very exciting things happening in your life these days...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your move. I can't believe how fast your pregnancy has gone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best wishes! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So by now you're all mved & settled, right?!!? Hope everything went well! Can't wait for photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope unpacking and finding everything is going smoothly!!!

    ReplyDelete