Saturday, January 18, 2014

We Survived the Move!

The new house is a mess, the move was beyond horrible (worst moving experience I've ever had), and I'm absolutely exhausted, so rather than an update post, I'm just going to share something Finn said tonight.

I was giving him another serving of mac and cheese at dinner when he reached out to touch my tummy.  "Hi," he said, "I'm your big brother.  Are you ready to come out yet?"

*pause*

"Oh, ok."

And then he went back to eating.

I really hope the response he heard was, "Nope, I'm waiting until February 7th"!

Me, Finn and Chimi a couple of weeks ago



35 comments:

  1. Wonderful photo of the two of you, you look great and Finn is as cute as always! I bet Chimi is going to love Finn just as much as he loves Chimi. I have a feeling they are going to be hysterical together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww..Finn is going to be a wonderful big brother!
    That pic is lovely--you are glowing! I can only imagine the 3rd trimester is incredibly exhausting--to accomplish all this at this point is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry the move was so horrid. Thank you so much for sharing what that amazing son of yours said. What a cool momma you must be to create such a great big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL at what Finn said. That is sooo cute!

    At least the worst part of moving is over now, and you can concentrate on more positive things from now on. And I agree with what was already said in comments - you are glowing! Lovely pic. :)

    - Sari
    (Blogger is not allowing me to use my LJ profile today)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Except that then it did, despite all the error messages. Duh.)

      Delete
  5. Sorry the move was horrible - but the photo is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the sweetest!! Sorry the move wasnt better though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a precious exchange! And your picture is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Moving under the best of circumstances is extremely stressful - i am so sorry you had such an awful experience. I hated moving house - and the house I moved into is awesome.
    I think your photo should be on the cover of a magazine. You both look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful picture and sweet story! I hope that things calm down and folks help you get settled in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cute! You guys look fantastic, too. Sorry to hear that the move was so rough -- I hope it's easier from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, what an adorable comment from Finn!

    love the photo! look at those sex mama boots! and is that your porch and your land??? WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on surviving! Stay put, Chimi, and give your mama time to rest up just a bit...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the photo! You look great - glowing as someone else mentioned above and Finn is too cute for words! He will be such a wonderful big brother to Chimi.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad the move is done and over! Enjoy the down time now - and don't stress too much about a messy house. That photo is so amazing! good luck with the last few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This photo made my day - you and your family are beautiful. Congratulations on the move, the worst is over. On to organizing and making happy memories!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the photo AND the story. Chimi had better wait!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so excited for you! (Except for the horrible moving experience, of course.) My boys are best friends. In fact as I type this they are together in H's bed and he is reading to his little brother. I hear quiet giggles every now and then... So, yes, I'm very excited for you--soon you will be able to witness Finn as a big brother. You are not only adding another child to your family but another dimension of love.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is an absolutely gorgeous picture Shannon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad the move is behind you. Hope you have a little time to settle before the new little one arrives. That is a great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the picture! Congrats on the move! Now... hurry up and finish getting ready for that baby! : )

    ReplyDelete
  21. He is just so sweet - your picture is stunning! What a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh no, so sorry to hear about the move. At least it is behind you. What a GREAT picture of you and your family. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sorry the move was horrendous, but it's over. The photos are beautiful! I've been playing around with the idea of photos when it gets a little warmer. Does Chimi calm when Finn talks to him? I find when our little one gets all sorts of hyper, when Little Miss talks to him, he always quiets. I hope you do newborn photos so you can fill your new home with portraits of the three of you - so photogenic!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How precious is he? & how gorgeous are you!! Sorry the move was so rough!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can't believe you moved when you are that close to your due date! I'm glad you made it through and it's over. I hope things calm down and the last few weeks of your pregnancy go well.

    ReplyDelete
  26. That pic is amazing, you guys all look like models!

    I'm sorry the move sucked, though.

    But the conversation between Finn and Chimi is absolutely hilarious! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aww, how sweet. :) He's going to be such a great big brother.

    Beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really love that picture of the two of you!!! Hope you can catch your breath a bit this weekend as you slowly tackle unpacking. I HATE moving and unpacking--one of the biggest.stressors.ever!! two more weeks-ish until baby boy is here, I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wonderful photo!! Sounds like a horrible move so glad it's done and ready to move onto baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nice pic. Forget about the bad stuff and stay present with the good stuff. That picture for instance...

    ReplyDelete