I'm still stuck on a middle name, though. I don't have any one who I'd like to name him after, but I still really want a name that has meaning. I like the idea of finding a name that has a meaning I really like, so I'll be spending some time on the baby name websites looking for one syllable names with a sound and meaning that I really like.
(Though in the back of my mind, I'm still thinking of Sawyer as a first name. But Finn and Sawyer? That's just a little too Mark Twain. Right?)
****
My new house is still being built at record speed. The drywall is up, and they started on the siding a few days ago. I can't believe how much has changed in just a few short weeks. If they can continue to work at this pace, it really will be ready by the end of the year (which is next month, can you believe it?)
![]() |
| Finn standing in the kitchen wondering where the sink is |













Where've I been? I didn't realize you were building a home. My hats off to you, a toddler, pregnant and new build...yikes! House building is crazy but exciting and I can't wait to see some pictures of it finished. My two cents, I love the name Zachary and it goes great with Finn..
ReplyDeleteAwesome on the house work! :-) I do like Zachary & Finn (It could be Finn & Zach). I love Sawyer with all of its literary connections, but it doesn't really have a nickname. Is that important to you?
ReplyDeleteI can so relate to what you said about your social circle! I listened to an introvert networking video recently and they suggested we think of it as "looking for kindred spirits" vs. needing to connect with the whole room or whatever. I liked that so passing it on in case it resonates. I love the name Zachary, and yes, though it is cute, I think Finn and Sawyer might be a little too Twain-ish. :-)
ReplyDeleteI agree that Finn and Sawyer may be a little too Twain-ish. But I really do like Zachary, even better than Sawyer, anyway. For what it's worth - there's my two cents! I also totally understand about the social circle thing. I'm an introvert, and while it doesn't always show outwardly, I definitely feel it on the inside. And sometimes it definitely does show outwardly!
ReplyDeleteSo glad the house is coming along. You'll feel so grounded, I bet, once you move in and get settled there.
Kids do help with meeting the neighbours. My kiddo wanted to play out in the front yard all the time this summer, so we met everyone on both sides. My only wish is they had kids more his age. If it was just me I'd prefer to sit in the back and ignore everyone :) but of course my little guy is a social butterfly who wants to talk to everyone, all the time.
ReplyDeleteI love Sawyer but I agree it might be a little too Twain-ish. I like Zachary but there are so many of them!
ReplyDeleteI read the last post about your house, but didn't comment ...it sounds so exciting and I am so happy for you! Jealous, too ;)
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about expanding a social circle. I have been working on that too in the past year. I think finding friends through kids is a good way, because I'm finding out there are a lot of lonely moms out there.
Shane is my favorite middle name. Zachary Shane :)
ReplyDeleteSo what if Sawyer and Finn are too Twainish?! Go with your gut sister! I love the name Sawyer. Could be because I loved Sawyer from Lost. In regards to the special middle name, have you thought of finding some connection to the donor? Or is that not a good idea?
ReplyDeleteZachary was always on my short list of boy's names, but I skipped it because too many of my friends' kids are named Zachary. It's a great name, though!
ReplyDeleteI like the name Zachary and it goes well with Finn, after all you will be calling them both together a lot, I am sure :-) Love your new house - what a massive kitchen. Cannot wait to see it complete. I am hoping that Beanie will be a way for me to make friends. The moms at her daycare are not very friendly so we may need to join some meet-ups.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Sawyer! Twain-ish, shmain-ish!!
ReplyDeleteI am so socially awkward & sadly having a kid involved doesn't make it any easier for me. Worse, I think I am rubbing off on Elena as she is very reserved around other children & is very much the observer.
Cute :) I like Zachary or Sawyer. How about using both names? One could be the middle name?
ReplyDeleteI love Zachary!
ReplyDeleteI too had missed the previous post about the house - it's enormous! Congratulations - I do feel for you though - I did some serious renovations when I was pregnant and that was bad enough. Pleased you have room for fiends to say - you might need to get a team in for the unpacking!