So I was overjoyed when I was notified that I had a speaker training conference in Orlando this past weekend. Of course I was going to bring Finn and Nanny M with me, so it seemed completely reasonable to add on an extra day and make a quick visit to Disney World again.
I am so glad we did it! The entire day was great, and Finn was happy and enjoyed it all, even though it was a whirlwind trip of 3 parks in one day and kept him out way past his bedtime. By far the very best part was meeting Mickey Mouse. I was a little worried that he would be scared, so I prepared him by showing him a picture of another single mom friend and her baby with Mickey and Minnie, and talked a lot about what it would be like to meet them.
It's such an overused word at Disney, but the 5 minutes we spent with Mickey and Minnie truly were magical. He was SO excited to see them, and to give them high fives and tell them he loved them. And ever since then he hasn't been able to stop talking about meeting them and loves to look at the pictures.
I can't wait to take him back and have more time, as I now have a really good idea of exactly how to plan a good Disney vacation with a young child...but I'm guessing it will be a few more years before I have the chance for a real Disney vacation again!
Until then, I'll enjoy this wonderful memory:













Ohhhh, melt a mother's heart! Look at that little face!
ReplyDeleteOh I love how he is gazing at Mickey!
ReplyDeleteAwww that is so cute! Glad you had a great time! I am taking Foxie to Disbey in April. It will be a whole week and would love some tips!
ReplyDeleteSounds like the perfect day! Great picture of you two!
ReplyDeleteThe look on his face says it all!
ReplyDeleteI love Disneyworld! I want to go again NOW! I'm so glad you got to go back for a day!
You look wonderful! And I love how Finn is watching Mickey. And you are lucky you've been able to go to Disney twice already. It would be soooo expensive for us... maybe someday, though.
ReplyDeleteSo cool!!!
ReplyDeleteCute! We went when Laura was 3. Mickey bent down to give her a hug and she sat on his bent knee for 20 minutes. We ended up taking all our pictures around her clinging to Mickey (who wasn't even her favorite character). She loves posing with the characters, never was afraid of them. She chased down almost everyone and really wanted to see Buzz, but I had had it by then. :)
ReplyDeleteShe remembers a little from that trip, but she went again last summer with my parents and that is a much more vibrant memory. My parents are already talking about bringing the unborn. We have a few more years. I don't like to do the parks with diapers if I can help it.
Kinda makes me cry at how adorable you two are. I love Finn's grin toward Mickey.
ReplyDeletewhat a sweet photo!
ReplyDeleteWhat an adorable photo. Such a fun memory for you too of your time as a mom of only one!
ReplyDeleteAw how adorable!
ReplyDeleteAdorable. :)
ReplyDeleteLove it!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that you had the opportunity to take him and even though it was probably an overload in one day, it was definitely a memory well made. Take it from a girl who practically grew up with Mickey and going to Disney every weekend.... These memories are ones that will be remembered for a long long time!
Oh do please share your tips for a good Disney visit as I am taking Elena in September 2014 & am debating how long to stay, which parks are a must, etc!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you were able to make Finn's world by meeting Mickey!
What a great photo--it would be fun to frame it and put it somewhere Finn could see it often!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely photo!! Isn't Mickey fabulous? No matter how old you are, when you see him walk by, your heart jumps! I know mine did as we were walking through the ship last week and there he was!! I was as excited as Tate!!! So glad y'all had such an amazing time!
ReplyDeleteThat is most certainly a photo worth blowing up and framing! It's great!
ReplyDeleteGlad you got to extend your trip and go back to the parks. What a nice memory to have, like a little mini "babymoon" for the two of you!
Jordyn's favorite is Minnie Mouse, and she sleeps with a Minnie stuffed animal every night and nap (it's her lovey). I love Mr. and Mrs. Mouse, too, and I can't wait to bring Jordyn to Disney at some point!
Oh how AWESOME!!! What a great memory together :)
ReplyDelete